Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering what size the stock throttle body is and if it would be worth spending $250 ish on a 65 mm. Replies would be nice cause im in study hall in school and its almost over.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The stock TB is 66mm at its widest point, the afermarket TB's are 65mm at the butterfly. Personally I would get an aftermarket one. You can "port" the stocker BUT it still doesn't change the width at the butterfly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a cold air intake now so its not my first uprade but i havent done many

·
Registered
88 Posts
Honestly i would hold out on the TB for now. For the cost there are some better mods that you can do. I was a huge fan of larger throttle bodies on my old Lebaron V6. They came with 46mm TBs and you could go to the junkyard, grab a 52mm TB from a 3.3L mini-van and it was a HUGE improvement.

I was quite upset with how little improvment the 65mm TBs has on the SVT. Me thinks the intake path is not much if any of a restriction, atleast not until you hit some heavy modding.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
yeah wait on the throttle body, i didnt really feel any difference with that. look into a tune you can go wrong there bro :eek:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts