Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone tell me the stock size of the 2.0 zetec throttle body? Steve Monroe of throttlebodys.com said he could bore it out 5-6mm over for $100. If I new the size of the stock I could compare against just buying the 65mm, but for $250.

·
Registered
155 Posts
stock is something around 52-53mm if i remember correctly... just save up for the 65mm... a tb wont produce hp gains, just improve throttle response

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats why I am buying the throttle body cause I have no low end power until 3000 then the supercharger kicks in, I need something to give me that jump at the start

·
Registered
155 Posts
it wont give u more power... thats what im saying... it will just improve the tip in feel of the engine. there will be no "jump" over a stock tb. just improved pedal feel.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
With a stock engine it only makes 1-2 HP, with a blower it may make more!

·
Registered
958 Posts
like i said i thought most come w a new (read larger than stock) tb...to maximize the new breathing ability

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope still carries the stock one

·
Registered
750 Posts
go with the 65mm tbody. If you have a blower installed and is dumping into the stock tbody, then would mean the tbody is the first restriction right now. Yes the 65mm is only worth 1-3hp but dont forget that parts compliment eachother. I would bet that a 65mm tbody would be worth at least another 5-10hp. If I was you, i would do the ford racing manifold and tbody. That would compliment the blower very well.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
yeah, and the after the TB there is still the intake mani restriction, unless he has a ported 2k mani that i dont know about.

·
Registered
155 Posts
umm... its a positive displacement supercharger.. it REPLACES the intake manifold....

·
Registered
155 Posts
well.. i was assuming u mean jackson racing or powerworks... u could be referring to vortech or procharger too i guess...[?|]

·
Registered
155 Posts
none....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I have the aftermarket manifold, that is why I wondered if I could get Steeda's 70mm TB, but it say it requires a aftermarket manifold. You think mine would work?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i dont see why not.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i dont see why not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts