Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know were I can get an inexspensive but good throttle body? I know thats an oxymoron when it comes to performance but I'm on a budget. Mine is screwin up and I dont know that it was a very good aftermarket one to begin with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
what kind of throttle body do you have? I am looking to get the focus central tb, (65mm) it is probably the best tb for the money, only gain like 1 hp but throttel response is suppost to be good

you can get it for like $259.00 from www.focus-central.com they claim 3 to 4 hp but sport compact car the magazine had a focus project car they put it on and only got 1hp at the wheels after the dynoed it www.sportcompactcarweb.com go on there and search for a ford focus in the search bar and you will find the mag article's that they have for their focus project car just look for the article...

later hope this helped ya[thumb]

·
Registered
88 Posts
98gsxltd said:
the bst, there have been a fc in there for like 100 bucks
where are you getting a fc tb for [hah]$100 lol[joke]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, way more about throttle response than WHP but hey, it all helps. There aren't really any inexpensive TB's, all of them seem to run in the area of $250, so just bite down for it.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Gains from a TB are approximately 1HP, that's it.... it's all throttle response.

There are several out there, Focus Central being the best, there is also the BBK which should work for your car as I believe it was good for the 2000-mid2002 focus. Jackson Racing's TB is absolute junk, do not buy that one......

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
$250+ for 1 HP is highway robbery...

Unless you're planning on going FI or agressive N/A, just port your stock TB. It'll give you roughly the same response as a 65mm TB for the price of some epoxy and a sheet of sandpaper.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
You have to reinforce the sides with epoxy because removing some of the "fins" inside breaks through the side of the TB. When you look at a ported non-SVT TB you can see a few spots where the epoxy is sticking through...I have a link for a how to, but its on my home computer which is 350+ miles away right now...

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
chuck_blankenship said:
where are you getting a fc tb for [hah]$100 lol[joke]
just for reference, there was a fc tb for sale in the marketplace last week. i just about pounced on it and its hould be at my house around monday [:D]

·
Registered
289 Posts
Its not about the horsepower but the throttle response like S2 said. Its well worth it too.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
A ported stock TB gives you about the same throttle response and no added power...$15 and an hour or two of work beats the pants off $250 any day in my book.

The only practical application for a 65mm TB is forced induction or agressive N/A when you're either forcing more air through, or when your engine can take real advantage of the added diameter when its drawing more air.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would def like a how to - on porting my tb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts