Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps im a newbie , im looking for a step by step thread on how to port the stock throttle body , one with step by step images ,pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez , ive googled but couldnt find a thread to suit me , you yanks are lucky cos aftermarket ford tuning parts are very difficult to find in this part of the world

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to be a pain is there any threads with picture illustrations

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Not that I've come across. But the general idea is to smooth any obstructions on the inside of the TB. Best advice would be work it slow and take off a little a time so you don't punch through and keep epoxy on hand.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the epoxy part is the proplem , which part of the tb do i apply the appoxy , the front and the back and when i stop sanding does the epoxy stay when finished porting

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You want to put the epoxy on the outside of the TB where it kicks in. Once you've made it into a circle, the epoxy keeps you from having a hole in the back. You can shape it up, but it has to stay on to keep the integrity of the part.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do u mean the outside diameter , im dumber than itot' , any pics to show where the epoxy goes

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If i pick up the throttle body in my hand do i apply it inside or on the outside , of the throttle body ,foook this a pic where to apply the epoxy would really help, do i apply it to the part facing the intake or the part facing the maff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts