Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey so I’ve looked it up here and tried to find a straight answer but people are all saying different things. Is the OEM 2017 N/A 2.0L throttle body 55mm or 57mm? And from what I’ve read, the ‘17 Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost TB (part # GB8Z-9E926-A) should bolt on with a gasket and longer bolts. Can anybody confirm that it will bolt on and confirm what size the ‘17 mustang TB is? I was unable to find a straight answer online or on this forum.

Edit: I found a good post detailing the steps and the fact that it works, however, that post says stock TB is 57 and 2.3 TB is 63mm. The reply below this has totally different numbers. Anyone have any links or pictures of dimensions?

Edit: Received a PM with reliable info, 57 stock, 63 for the upgrade.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Hey so I’ve looked it up here and tried to find a straight answer but people are all saying different things. Is the OEM 2017 N/A 2.0L throttle body 55mm or 57mm? And from what I’ve read, the ‘17 Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost TB (part # GB8Z-9E926-A) should bolt on with a gasket and longer bolts. Can anybody confirm that it will bolt on and confirm what size the ‘17 mustang TB is? I was unable to find a straight answer online or on this forum.
the 2.3 ecoboost TB will bolt on with longer bolts and a new gasket. i have it on my car. I believe the factory TB is 55mm and the 2.3 is 57. the factory might be 53mm though i dont remember. it's an easy swap though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 2.3 ecoboost TB will bolt on with longer bolts and a new gasket. i have it on my car. I believe the factory TB is 55mm and the 2.3 is 57. the factory might be 53mm though i dont remember. it's an easy swap though.
Is yours N/A? And did you notice a change in throttle response/mpg? Do you have a cold air intake?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Is yours N/A? And did you notice a change in throttle response/mpg? Do you have a cold air intake?
Yeah mine is NA and i have the RS air box with high flow filter. I didnt notice any difference, no. Mine is tuned too. it is what it is. it was a cheap and easy upgrade and when i did it, was when TTR had attempted to make an intake manifold for these cars which I installed only to learn that it lost power. when i put the stock intake manifold back on i just kept the bigger TB because i had it already.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I just double checked and the 2.3 ecoboost TB is 63mm and the factory is 57mm i think.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
And where you do you really feel it? Right at off idle tip in.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I was saying i do not feel it. could just be me but i didnt notice the difference. i only have it because i installed it with the TTR manifold trying to get every last HP. when i went back to the stock manifold, i already had the bigger TB so i just kept it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was saying i do not feel it. could just be me but i didnt notice the difference. i only have it because i installed it with the TTR manifold trying to get every last HP. when i went back to the stock manifold, i already had the bigger TB so i just kept it.
Ya i didn't notice a difference either. wont hurt with it installed and its cheap like you said. just get a drop in filter haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts