Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the difference is between the 5 speed and automatic throttle bodies for the 00-02 zetec?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am talking about a FC 65mm throttle body. If the 5 speed and auto are the same, why don't they just list one TB and offer an optional bracket if you have an automatic?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
That's what was just said Toptech............Man! every new comer that owns a ZX5 always either has attitude or asked dumb question................Wassup ZX5 people?...................:)

BTW, Toptech on the top of this page a search button has been inserted so you can make inquiries similar to yours............

Peace.......

·
Registered
525 Posts
i think he was just repeating what focaltech said and then making the point that they should just sell the one TB and then have an optional bracket for those silly enough to get an auto...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
well vassili looks like you have a pretty bad attitude... newcomer are we?

and if you EVER ask a question that i know the answer to.. expect me to jump down your throat, cuz your really winning us some new ff members with those kind of posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Yes Mr Zarelli6, please excuse my horrific attitude towards one of our new FF member.......I apologize, will never happen again.........Can I go to my room now and lacerate myself until I bleed...........Thank you.

Peace........I'm just calm like a bomb

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, well, well, it would seem that Mr. Vassili95 has a masters in automotive engineering and I have apparently been living under a rock for 45 years. Just because I am branded a "ROOKIE" doesn't mean my knowledge of vehicles is limited. I have worked for Ford for over 25 years and have probably forgotten more than Mr. Vassili95 could ever hope to know about them. Now getting back to the issue at hand. I purchased a used FC 65mm throttle body for my sons Focus but the TP sensor will not fit flush against the housing. When I tighten the screws the sensor bows. This is why I asked if there is a difference in the throttle bodies.I was assured that this is the correct throttle body. If it is then it was machined wrong. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for allowing me to pontificate.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Toptech said:
Well, well, well, it would seem that Mr. Vassili95 has a masters in automotive engineering and I have apparently been living under a rock for 45 years. Just because I am branded a "ROOKIE" doesn't mean my knowledge of vehicles is limited. I have worked for Ford for over 25 years and have probably forgotten more than Mr. Vassili95 could ever hope to know about them. Now getting back to the issue at hand. I purchased a used FC 65mm throttle body for my sons Focus but the TP sensor will not fit flush against the housing. When I tighten the screws the sensor bows. This is why I asked if there is a difference in the throttle bodies.I was assured that this is the correct throttle body. If it is then it was machined wrong. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for allowing me to pontificate.
did you buy the throttle body made specifically for your year? there are three diff Throttle boduies for three different variations

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
nmi was thinking there was a .5 tb like the shifter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts