Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I buy a CFM throttle body can I still use cruise control or should I just bore mine out?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a CFM TB and i can still use my Cruise control, don't see why you couldnt, as how i dont believe it intereferes with that aspect.

Any objections to this?

Reactions: bringler26

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the tb's are made to work w/ cruise

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks I wasn't sure if you could or not. I'm a rookie what can I say.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting ideas of what I might do this summer. I have a long list of things to do but I have to pick and choose lol

·
Registered
190 Posts
oh nice, lets hear what you got

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres what I want to do

Cams
cam gears
svt header swap
Cat back exhaust
clutch
lightweight flywheel
FRPP suspension kit
rims

I know theres more I just can't think of it all I have a list of the parts with prices and everything. I don't where I put it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ya im gonna do about the same, may do it a bit more. Your gonna love the response on the TB for sure, if you dont have 1 already i would say get a CAI also. It just accents the TB so well.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
It depends on the TB but I've been pretty happy with the new tbs from c-f-m their first ones had issues with the spring being way to weak so it was very touchy at the pedal and the cruise would be on but it could hold a speed it would let of and on to keep speed. problems more noticable on their early models. I enjoy my old one for throttle response but i love the new ones for their drivability.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
There something missing from that list....A turbo, just kidding

While you do the clutch a lSD would be great to add to the list. So may guys even NA people say that was the best thing they ever did to the car.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would do a LSD but I barely have money for the clutch plus a trans rebuild. I would do it myself but I don't have the tools or experience. The only person that does that I know said he doesn't mess with fwd cars so I have to take it to a shop [:(]. I would love to be able to do this and learn more about it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a TB that I just installed along with a AEM CAI and its frickin sweet I love it, so much response and sound frickin rad, unfortunately the stock TB was seemingly designed to choke the airflow, so the differences are amazing. I would just spend the money and get one from CFM I got mine used for 100 and there like $249 got to love craigslist. GET A CAI OR SHORT RAM!!!!!

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool I'll have to consider investing in one the I already have an SRI

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good choice I am glad I could help

Reactions: bringler26

·
Registered
506 Posts
My advice is to figure out what you're going to do with the car once it becomes a project car, since it sounds like that's what you want to do with it eventually. You'll save yourself a ton of time and money by making sure that the parts you buy now will work with your end goals. For example, don't get crazy cams if you're planning on doing any form of forced induction.

That said, my Ford Racing IIs may be up for sale this summer, if I can convince myself to spend an extra $400 once my engine is finished up.[nutkick]

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
this is to you guys with a 65mm TB,
is the $250 price tag worth it? i guess what im asking is how much of a difference is there between stock?

i ported out my stock TB, i dont know how big the hole is but its pretty much a straight hole now.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the 65 mm tb has alot more throtle response. maybe 1 whp.

32.5^2*3.14159 - 27.5^2*3.14159 = 943 mm^2 more area for air to flow through over stock, and in fact, its more than that cause of the shape of the butterfly on the stock one. so it gives you less restriction overall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts