Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, trying to help out a buddy with some problems on his uk 2006 st - looks like either a failing throttle body or harness. Managed to identify the right pins on the ECU to do some basic multimeter testing and currently thinking the harness is the main culprit (2 of the 6 wires showing constantly wildly fluctuating impedance readings) but throttle body internals are showing signs of wear too. Do have access to an oscilloscope but haven't been able to track down any reliable information on what the throttle body pinout is - found one for a Volvo etm which I 'think' might be the same unit but not 100% sure. Was hoping you guys might be able to point me in the right direction for either the throttle body pinout or an ECU one?

Thanks in advance 馃檪

Registered
The '06 here is likely a manual TB with the only electrical being a TPS switch with 3 wires and simple to sort that out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
If it was a three wire it'd be an easy one lol - unfortunately a 6 wire Bosch one here - similar / same as the ones used on the Volvo's that had all the problems lol. Think I may have finally found a pinout after hours of googling so fingers crossed! 馃檪

1 - 3 of 3 Posts