Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread here somewhere I cant seem to locate that described the process of smoothing out the sharp edges in the 67mm throttle bodies. Does anyone have the process written up with pics? I need it for port matching as well if that exists.

p.s.
WOOT ordered my new throttle body today!!
[headbang] [headbang] [headbang]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just recently did this to my car, ported it to the 67mm throttle body. Too bad I didnt take any pics, but it was fairly simple. I didn't have a very good pen to mark the circumference inside the throttle body so i used the tip of a knife to carve it in. I took it off and put a sponge in there tight and kept a vacuum handy. So using the dremel for the first time(borrowed) I started with a metal bit that wasnt too abrasive, and just carved away. When i was getting close to the line that I drew, I put the throttle body back and tightened it just to make sure i wasnt gonna take to much off. I saw i could go more, so I switched to a sanding bit that was pretty high grit and kept smoothing it out to make the most direct passage possible. It took me 3 tries re-fitting the throttle body to get it right. After that I sanded it by hand with a 220 grit to smooth it even more. then I noticed I had a polishing bit for the dremel so I went an did that too and it came out very nice. Bottom line is, its worth it! I instantly felt an improvement down low and a little better response. Don't worry about the pics, you just have to try it and maybe you take your own pics and post it here. hehehe [thumb]

Guile

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, did you also smooth out the sharp ledge in the tb itself?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really need to find that thread with the pictures, there is someone here on the forums who smoothed out some part of the tb and has improved the airflow by making the edges smoother.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, i just found that one as well, I'm talking about an aftermarket 67mm tb not a stocker. its not so much a porting job as just smoothing out a certain part.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one too, its just not arrived in the mail yet :)
When I get mine, I'll shoot a pic of the piece im talking about, or I may just be completly insane and its only on a certain brand or something.
How do you like the 67mm tb?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I have one too, its just not arrived in the mail yet :)
When I get mine, I'll shoot a pic of the piece im talking about, or I may just be completly insane and its only on a certain brand or something.
How do you like the 67mm tb?
ill make a bet with you! hahah

I love the 67mm it makes such a differnce!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts