Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the actual owners that have throttle bodies installed what is your personal opinion of them and are they worth having?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have one, and i must say it was worth the money, better throttle response, gained a few ponies, makes my auto feel more alive. I went with the CFM 67 mm throttle body.

Everyone that I have encountered who owns a Focus w/an auto tranny love them, most people with a manual say its hard to get use to, so hard they take them off and return to stock. They say you pretty much have to relearn how to drive ur stick.

So if you have an auto, ull love it. If you gotta manual you might love and hate it!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
^^^X2 I have an atx and also felt the difference. My gf gave me the cosworth but honestly I wouldn't pay 400+ bucks for a throttle body (not worth all that money imo). You will feel better throttle response, "faster" acceleration, just as if the car is more awake if you have an atx. If you have a manual then I don't know lol.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
MTX guy here, its worth it. Just dont expect more than 1 or 2 whp, but the response is very nice

·
Registered
122 Posts
ya i have a bbk. throttle response is better, not that hard to get used to. it makes the car a little more fun to drive
as for being worth the money...hmmmm, personally yea, i hated the lack of response the car gave me stock. if u get other bolt ons as well theyll work together, and then its definately worth it

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
ive had it on my car for both atx and mtx... to be honest i thought i was going to want to revert to stock after the swap. But, I still love it.

I got mine fore $125 on the forum and i dont regret it one bit.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Really the upgraded throttle body doesn't give you any more HP without having FI. However it does give some nice throttle response. I have the CFM 67mm with AEM CAI and 2 1/4" trubendz exhaust and i'm pushing 134 HP and 136 TQ at the front wheels in my NON-pzev.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
i was thinking the same thing about my mtx, but i know that i will be getting one. if i got a tune with the cfm tb would you see a better hp increse?

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Like I stated before the TB won't increase you HP. Just your throttle responce. Althought if you tune the car with or with out a TB it will increase you HP maybe 5-10HP.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a ported stock throttle body on my mtx and the throttle response still feels strange. I just installed it 3 days ago. I'm still getting used to it and with it raining today I keep getting a bit of wheel spin every time I take off from a stop sign/light. It does feel better while actually moving though as long as I don't have to shift. When shifting I tend to over rev a bit. Hopefully I can get used to it pretty soon.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Three words for when you shift. Foot off gas. Yes getting use to a new TB does take a bit. I did a small burnout one day. That was fun. Tobad it was on base. Good thing the MAs weren't around.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
focus.c-f-m.com. They have a great price for there TBs. Thats where I got mine.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
i got the cfm...lol its a challenge at first but i think its worth it...

·
Max8
2,858 Posts

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Changing the TB is easy. 4 bolts, a sensor, gasket from you old TB and throttle cable.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man $125!!! I got all excited for that one. haha But thanks guys for the input. So many non throttle body owners are negative about them it seems like.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Yeah, most people that don't own one would say they are not worth, but also most of the people that have one love them.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts