Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
go for it its a good buy. focus trends is a good small company. their website is www.focustrends.com if u send your old one u get a core refund i believe. they also sell ported 2k manis. if you cant afford the focus central this is the next best alternative.

·
Registered
697 Posts
yeah i've talked to the owner of it many times, erik. i beleve he's the owner he's good fella. helping with a great deal on parts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
throttle body

well unless you have a supercharger that needs a bigger throttle body. You won't need a bigger throttle body till you get past the 200 h/p mark. You can replace it with 65 mm one but you'll only get about 1-2 h/p out of it. Then again you can change from carbon based to redline synthetic oil and get that much power for about 40 bucks.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
range. its not always about what the dyno shows. the difference in throttle response is night and day and well worth the 250 alone. especially if u have a good intake.

take it from experience, get the t/b and love it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think you should go out and get some epoxy and borrow/rent a dremel and do it yourself.

I did mine awhile back, and the throttle response is definitly improved. Low end pick up *seems* to be a bit better. It's not hard to do, and I firmly belive anyone with basic motor skills can do this job themselves. If in doubt, get a backup TB for 15 bucks.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
you cant port out the t/b on a factory one cause it is offset. the butter fly flap that is. plus if you dont have the right dremel bit. it will melt on the plastic and stick to to metal bit lol. save the trama and go buy a aftermarket t.b. the one in that picture looks completly stock.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
well focus mike u havent looked at a stock tb lately. u dont port where the butterfly is. there is an indentation inside to redirect airflow and make shifting smoother. you fill the indention on the outside with epoxy, then dremel it out to make smooth funnel down to the butterfly, and yes it helps a good bit, definately noticeable, and a dremel works fine.

difference between ported and 65 mm... biggest difference being the butterly on the 65 is a good bit larger, helps get more air in faster, hence the added throttle response and couple ponies.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes, there's no doubt it's an improvement when the stock restriction is removed. To be quite honest, you really do not need a 65mm tb unless you've got a lot of bolt-on's or FI.

That's my opinion, I've seen dyno sheets, the the amount of $ for a 65mm does NOT justify the 1-2hp you pick up...and opinions are like buttholes..ya know :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
always passing gas? stinky?

i dunno man lol

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
euro zx3 that sounds kinda ghetto to do to the factory t.b. i wouldn't port my factory out #1 cause i thought it couldn't be done. #2 the butterfly looked offset to me. #3 after market t.b are nice and SHINY! LOL : ) hehehe

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
If you have about $225 to spare, get the Focus Central 65mm TB.
Otherwise, the next best thing is a ported stock TB.
The guy at FocusTrends will give you $25 back if you buy from his site and return your stock TB.

The 65mm tb does not make much HP but your car is more responsive.

Kind of like getting springs and shocks for your car.
No HP gains but you can feel the difference..[thumb]

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
focus trends has been porting tbs since the focus came about. improving throttle response and creating a lil hp by taking advantage of fords cheak tb and intake manifold (being plastic) is not ghetto IMO.

ill agree with u on # 3 tho

·
Registered
697 Posts
if you want it fancy take a chance take it off the car. mask it up and paint what ya want.

yet i do not adivise this. i've seen this done with other species of cars.

IE: Honda

1 - 20 of 29 Posts