Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here recently I had all of the mounts replaced by my local shop. (The mounts came from Ford themselves not the aftermarket ones). Well after they got replaced in still had a small amount of vibration along with an RPM fluctuation so I myself read threw the forms here and found that maybe the throttle body may to be blame so I went and bought some throttle body cleaner from my local auto parts store so after I got the battery unhooked I pulled off what need to come off and say the butter fly valve was somewhat stuck open even with the engine off and I told myself I don't think that is a good thing. Ss I proceeded to remove the throttle body from the car and man was it dirty so after about 30 minutes of cleaning it the butter fly valve was damn near closed but not all of the way so I'm guessing that the electronic part is messing up or am I wrong. The car does run a lot better after I cleaned it but the RPM's still dance at idle. 1200 to 700 RPM's. So does the mean what I think it is or not. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts