Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had sticky idle like alot of others on here so i cleaned the throttle body and wow it was filthy took it off and painted it to make it look real nice and clean . mine only has 40k and had a good amount of dirt/carbon . others should look into this also takes 5 min to take the throttle body off .[boxface]

also idk how long itll let me stay on here but the site keeps messing up not allowing me to login . i have to reset my password a billion times before itll work . and yes im spelling and typing right . anyone else have this problem ?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The whole site is glitchy while they move servers, should be better soon.
I had my TB replaced under warranty about 20k ago, just have to keep an eye on it
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Now that I hit 25k miles, I was just about to say - I should probably clean my MAF sensor and throttle body before the winter, since I'm sure as hell not going to want to do it when it's cold out.

So is there anything special I should know before I disconnect the MAF tube in regards to our fly-by-wire throttle body? I'm guessing something's clogged up, because I don't have as much power (only a little noticeable) compared to when I first bought the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey, I'm actually getting a growl from my exhaust that's never been there. It's really throaty and I've already checked the exhaust for holes... nothin. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You're about 3 weeks late for all these thread movements...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts