Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Head unit

Please don't tell me to buy an Alpine or Eclipse.....If you have had any experience with JVC or know someone who has....or what do you think about the head unit itself...
Thanks

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i have a jvc head unit in the beater, set up with a small amp and the speakers done, the head unit works great, had it for a yr so far without a problem.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Buy an Alpine or Eclispe [:D] Actually my last Wrangler I bought had a JVC come with it, I tore my Jeep to hell, offroading everyday and up til I sold the Wrangler, the JVC never skipped ...onroad that is. Was a cool unit, very user friendly, had a remote, looked decent, although the face did go out every once in awhile while still playing. I attribute it to the abuse of the offroading.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
That is one of their better units. I just installed that very unit in my sis-in-law's Stealth with two pairs of Memphis 6.5" co-axles and a 8" Bazooka. Sounds great. JVC make so good stuff once you get closer to their higher end stuff. The lower half tends to fail rather quickly.

Looks good to me!

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a JVC head unit back in the 80's. It worked well. I have the six disc stocker now, but want to use my 10" dual voice coil Bazooka and 75wx4 Sony amp. I plan on using the amp to drive 4 new door speakers. I want a head unit with the sub out obviously. Also, the sony amp will be fine for the doors, but I need something more stable, less susceptible to clipping to drive the sub. The sony had a tendacy to heat up and shut off when driving 2 doors and the 10. I'll be hunting for an ebay bargain amp next. Speaker deals are readily available.
Thanks for the feedback. At 139+ship, with the features, this head unit seems like a bargain.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't have experience with JVC, but this unit looks a good deal with the features listed for that price. Personally I don't like the color of it, but otherwise it looks good. I especially like the front aux input - makes it a good candidate to hook up an iPod to it ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
ive had the same JVC kamelion deck in the last 3 cars ive owned, i just keep taking it out when i sell the cars. its different then the one you showed, but my friend has almost that exact same deck, minus the mp3 playback. JVC makes great products. oh, by the way, i would never buy an alpine. lol.. thats just me. go for the JVC, you wont be dissappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts