Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m thinking about buying a Fusion for my wife and I just want to hear some thoughts and opinions from owners. I want to buy the 1.5L EcoBoost in an S or SE trim. I also have a few questions.
-Likes/dislikes -Thoughts on the 1.5L -What can I expect incentive wise/payment -What are insurance rates like -Are there widespread issues -Real world fuel mileage
11.95 Euros to US Dollars, convert 11.95 EUR to USD She currently has a Chevy Cruze and its a real POS, so I want her to have a more reliable car. She has a 70 mile round trip to work everyday and it’s tough on us when we have issues with her Cruze.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This site is for the Ford Focus. You need to join a Ford fusion site.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I don’t know if that’s a helpful response. JMO

OP - the newer Fusions are nice. Comfy, loaded versions have the tech stuff as options like lane assist and auto lighting features none of which I cared for. I do have a 2006 that’s very simple mid optioned car, has 150k on it with very few issues other than regular maintenance.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I don’t know if that’s a helpful response. JMO

OP - the newer Fusions are nice. Comfy, loaded versions have the tech stuff as options like lane assist and auto lighting features none of which I cared for. I do have a 2006 that’s very simple mid optioned car, has 150k on it with very few issues other than regular maintenance.
You don't join a Ford Focus site and make your first post about a Ford Fusion. You ask that question on a Ford Fusion site, so that you can actually get feedback from many many people. Reliability concerns, what engine is best there was three to pick from, what trim level and so forth this is not the place for it.

That's called a honest opinion.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm not a fan of timing belts either but these new timing belt engines seem to have much much more durable belts.
I have a Fiesta ST which has the 1.6 EcoBoost which is a timing belt I don't know a single person that has had the belt break.

My mom has a 2014 Hyundai sonata reliable and fuel-efficient. It has 110,000 miles on it. I do all of the maintenance its been very reliable. Still original battery.

·
Registered
939 Posts
"I'm not a fan of timing belts either but these new timing belt engines seem to have much much more durable belts."

It's rated for a 150K interval. Impressive, but I'd still rather pass on that $$$ required maint. I know timing chains fail as well, but it's never happened on anything I've owned.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It’s in ‘General Car Chat Lounge’.
You don’t know if they guy owns a Focus or not. All we can tell is that his wife has a Cruze and he’s interested in a Fusion.

Sometimes it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I like the Fusion with the optional black wheels. Good looking sedans & very reasonably priced. I’ve never heard any owners say anything bad about them. Personally, I like the look of the Focus better because it’s smaller, however obviously the Fusion is a much more reliable car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts