Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been asked before, but I was thinking my next mod will but losing the dual stage flywheel. I am leaning towards the Fidanza aluminum flywheel unless someone knows of a better one. Also do you guys have any suggestions on what stage clutch kit would be my best bet . I do run it at the strip every blue moon, but usually just highway time. Any responses would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
fidanza is pretty much the one to go with. make sure you get the 12 lb one though, because fidanza only lists a 9 lb for the svt, but I know tom sells the 12 lb one, 9 is too light.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
that's what I thought too, but if you check on fidanza's website and download their application reference (excel file) it lists the svt flywheel as a 9 lb, and the standard zetec as 8.5. I had heard that they came out with a 9 lb svt flywheel, but I don't know of anyone who's bought one.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, don't mind the noise if I lose the initial take of lag. do you guys know which clutch kit would be the best to match up with it stage 1 , 2, or 3? I have no need for 4 that one is obvious? I want something I know will grab but don't want to have too much overkill.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest my question is should I go with a stage two or three. Anyone made the jump to a lightweight flywheel? What clutch set did you go with?[:)] [:)]

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
depends on what manufacturer you use. I know a spec stage 1 holds a lot more than a clutchmasters stage 1, but it also depends on what your setup is. if you're running FI, you'll need a CM stage 4 most likely, or spec stage 2 or 3. clutchmasters and spec seem to be the most popular though. there is a thread you should read

click

this thread has reviews of many clutch/flywheel combo's

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
crazymechanic said:
depends on what manufacturer you use. I know a spec stage 1 holds a lot more than a clutchmasters stage 1, but it also depends on what your setup is. if you're running FI, you'll need a CM stage 4 most likely, or spec stage 2 or 3. clutchmasters and spec seem to be the most popular though. there is a thread you should read

click

this thread has reviews of many clutch/flywheel combo's
Im currently running a 12lb Fidanza alum flywheel and a Spec stage 2 clutch and have over 20K miles on the setup which was installed the same time my JRSC was installed. Great combo but since I dont have experience with any other setup or brands I cant say this is the best setup. Lightweight flywheels are great and rev super fast, but also it makes daily driving alittle different cause when you shift the revs drop off much faster so you either have to shift faster than normal or bring up the revs. Also the chattering is another gripe but its not horrible, sometimes people look at my car like its about to explode and my dad asked me if it was diesel LOL.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My blown diesel foci that is funny. Thanks for the info BMX'er.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts