Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Thoughts about this setup?

844 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  mbones 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I Finally got the Car Lowered plus some new Wheels, so now I am onto the engine compartment. I think the following is my final draft of parts that I will be adding on, maybe some others later, but for the most part I am not going to go to WILD with it. That is until there is a S/C built for us. Any how, here is the list of parts;

1. Tru-bendz 2.5 Full Exhaust
2. FC Throttle Body 65mm
3. FC 4-1 Race Header or Draxas Headers
4. Hi Flo CAI From Macy Motor
5. SCT XCAL2 From Macy Motor

I didn't find much more then those two choices for the Headers, if anyone else knows of some, let me know. Other then that, what do you guys think of this configuration? Tell me what you like, dislike about, or any swaping of parts you would do and why. Looking to get these parts by the end of the month, so there is time for debate.
One other question, what type of estimated gains would you feel these improvements would give our 2.0 ZX3s?
Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
we talkin ~30 at the wheels? And the choices are what almost all 05 D20 ZX3s are looking at, we dont have many choices. I got my exhaust from Trubendz (magna 2.25''), and still waiting on my MM cai, EVEN though I ordered the cai 2weeks before, it's ok I can wait...hp is worth waiting for.

#6 ·
So this is a good Basic Setup?

You guys think that this is going to give me some pretty good gains. I was really wanting to eclipse the 150hp to the ground mark, seems it may be close. I guess udgrade to the cams would do that.
For those that have done a cam upgrade to the Duratec, what is the difficultly of this. I know I would not be able to do it myself, but there is a lot of GOOD focus tuners out here that I think that could, as long as I feel that I can let them.
My long run goal is to get a SC that is biult for the Duratec and try to acheive around 200hp, but this might be a little ways off due to money!

#7 ·
the cams really aren't too bad, valve springs are an absolute pita though.

#9 ·
SimplyDomisticsFocus - I KNOW am going SC, but that might be in like 2 years, and I need some simple speed until then. Plus if I clock a ton of miles on this car, I might say screw it, and buy another Focus to play around with a SCer. On the other hand, if the miles are still not bad, I can sale all the "bolt-ons", and then go SC. I have thought about it, and diceded to go this way. The one good thing about cheap cars, your buget allows you to have fun with them too.

#11 ·
Yeah, I know, I've seen those threads! lol. I am not by any means a engine "know it all", but I do know that NA is totally differnt then FI when it comes to the components. I was simply giving you my explaination on my train of thought. Good to see that there are people tring to give others a heads up though!
Thanks

#12 ·
Pretty much the same plan I have, except I am installing a Steeda intake and MBRP exhaust (which should be arriving anyday [:)])

With my auto I am hoping 130+ at the wheels (not with the intake+exhaust lol, all the bolt ons posted), so assuming you have an mtx you will be looking at 140+ whp. Cams will (with a tune) give you that 150. You should be somewhere around the SVT stock power with those upgrades plus cams.

#15 ·
about 116 to the wheels and WHY would you buy a whole new Focus??? just buy the 2.3 motor its around like 3K not that bad and a new MTX75 is only around 1k Ihave all that stuff you want plus more I smoke V6 eclipse V6 GTS and GT, Altima 2.5 and there is this stedda focus around here that kept up with me but still got him by a car length i think im around 165-170 WHP with 2.5 Flex back....Header......FC 65mm TB......MM CAI with carbon trap & waffles removed......BS delete plus alot of other shit

#16 ·
Whp=wheel horsepower (how much actually translates down to the wheels when they go) and the 136 is the horsepower the engine has by itself, figure in pushing the crank and transmission it brings us down to like 112 whp. Get what Im saying?

Yeah Ford says we have 136 hp, but thats not counting real world factors

could you post any clips of your car? You have the setup Ive been wanting for my car, except the intake (waiting for the Pipercross to come out)

#17 ·
A clip would be nice. I'm going to go ahead with this plan list, plus cams and the adjusting tool if I can swing the extra cash! ;)

Qweesy - That is an option that I had not thought about. Thanks for the suggestion! Then all the exterior mods would not have to be redone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.