Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so a while back i had the notorious sticky gas pedal in my st. Thought well instead of cleaning the stock throttle body id get a new better one. Well i acquired a sweet cosworth in blue and the first 2 days were great. awesome response and pedal feel. Well today while driving in rush hour stop n go traffic it started again. wtf im thinking its not the tb but the wires getting caught or frayed inside the black plastic cover any thoughts??

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Take a look at the cruise control cable. You can pop it off to see if that solves anything. Mine was frayed and one piece of the cable was hanging the throttle. It's the one with the white sleeve.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Also remove the throttle cable and work it by hand. There should be no resistance at all. If there is it's a good bet you need a new cable.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya thats what i thought it only happens when car is on after about a half hour, and if im in gear. Thanks terry ill try that also. Its weird because it feels like its sticking again but only if i stop pressing the gas pedal and then try again either at a stop or while cruising??

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
ya thats what i thought it only happens when car is on after about a half hour, and if im in gear. Thanks terry ill try that also. Its weird because it feels like its sticking again but only if i stop pressing the gas pedal and then try again either at a stop or while cruising??
Where in NE you from?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well a tps is 25 bucks gonna try that today. disconnecting the cruise wire did nuthing. plus i ran into another problem.... a toasted battery. 100 cc amps n something about it getting overcharged?? gotta look into alternator. On a good note i just got my bsd , windage tray, and poly dog mount from massive so its gonna be a busy sunday

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks why not. got new tsp not sticking but now revs are hanging. got bsd windage tray n poly mount installed though so not all bad i guess.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I have found , on my car the sticking t/b was the butterfly being closed to much. The computer will control the idle, open the butterfly up a little more. It was the engine vacuum causing , what felt like a little pop, to get the throttle off its seat. Once I opened it up , just a little, the vacuum on the butterfly went away , much smoother...Try unplugging the battery for 5 -8 minutes . Clear the computer, let the car relearn it`s idle. A hanging rev is usually a vac leak. Recheck all the work you did...

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
thanks why not. got new tsp not sticking but now revs are hanging. got bsd windage tray n poly mount installed though so not all bad i guess.
You slid your TPS in angled away from the engine, lined it up with the shaft, then rotated it for the screws to line up- right?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yap whynot and i even tried rotating it 180 degrees to see if that made a difference. n both times i disconnected the battery. even uninstalled it and reinstalled the whole tb 3 times ug

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so dang annoying still a lag say im cruising in 3rd at 30 n i let off the gas for 2 seconds i go to accelerate n it sticks or whatever then when i come to a stop after driving the rpms hang at like 1800 and i have to rev it to get it to drop

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
follow up more problems! still idles high and stick when i let off gas. cleaned maf sensor and iac sensor now got check engine light on. p2004 intake manifold runner stuck open. I had this same code few months ago and the dealer replaced intake manifold runner control solenoid and control valve after 3 visits and 200 dollars for deductible. Any body else had these problems?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts