Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2018 Focus SEL Sedan (w/ SelectShift). I know I have an automatic... but I'm heavily debating on getting the FSWerks Stealth Exhaust and CAI. I'm extremely hesitant since it's my first new car, and I really don't want to void the warranty, which I assume these mods would.

I feel like I'm going to need that warranty soon, as sometimes, when the car shifts down into 2nd and 1st; it feels gross. So crunchy. I know it's "normal" for these cars to feel funny because of the DCT, but it just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Get a high flow filter instead of the CAI.. better performance wise. Get a K&N, Green Filter, or AEM.

I do not believe a catback ruins warranty.. but I'm sure someone else can chime in on that one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,382 Posts
Neither of those will void your warranty. If you have a warranty issue, it's on the dealer/manufacturer to prove the modification caused the problem.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Sent from my SM-G960U using FF Mobile
Its up to the dealership but 100% yes a CAI can void your warranty for sure , again its up to the dealership and the local warrant rep

The M-M Warranty act is great but do you want to have you car sitting for 2-4 years why you try to prove to a Judge that your CAI didnt harm your engine which it can actually do ?????

Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
Its up to the dealership but 100% yes a CAI can void your warranty for sure , again its up to the dealership and the local warrant rep

The M-M Warranty act is great but do you want to have you car sitting for 2-4 years why you try to prove to a Judge that your CAI didnt harm your engine which it can actually do ?????

Tom
Lots of variables there, like what actually happens. Bolt on mods don't automatically void a warranty. It's only an issue when you have a problem with your vehicle and you take it in to have warranty work done.

Taking a vehicle in for transmission issues and having a CAI won't void anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,382 Posts
Lots of variables there, like what actually happens. Bolt on mods don't automatically void a warranty. It's only an issue when you have a problem with your vehicle and you take it in to have warranty work done.

Taking a vehicle in for transmission issues and having a CAI won't void anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using FF Mobile
Ford will document the CAI on there , more then likely you are correct but you cannot no say 100% that a CAI will not void a Trans warranty issue , I fought Ford for a customer for 3 months because I moved his o2 sensor on a SVT 3 inches in 2003 and Ford documented it and voided ALL of his power train warranty , it was put back eventually but not with out a fight

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might just hold off on doing any mods until the warranty is up, just as to not risk it.

Although, I'm dying for Tom to finish his '18 focus tune. Extremely interested in getting this done, heard so many amazing things about people own pre-'18s.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I might just hold off on doing any mods until the warranty is up, just as to not risk it.

Although, I'm dying for Tom to finish his '18 focus tune. Extremely interested in getting this done, heard so many amazing things about people own pre-'18s.
A tune will void a warranty before anything else.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts