Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the jet coated svt header to replace my current fc race header. ok so where do i plug in the o2 sensors and egr pipe? also i know i need a svt high flow cat or a orp.which one is better? and will it connect to my zetec flex or do i need a svt flex too?the whole thing looks totally different from my fc header

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
umm you can have an ORP made and put in some 02 sensor bungs for that and make it attach to your zetec flex. if you have the 2nd o2 sensor deleted then you only need to put 1 02 bung in the custom ORP.

or you can get the svt flex/orp combo which will have that stuff. and i believe that mcnews sells that stuff already done for you if you don't want to have a local place do it.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Does any one know if the SVT Header has the EGR bung like a Zetec header. And also, I know i'll also need an ORP (off Road Pipe) but do i also need a flex pipe??? Where can i get one?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
SuperFlea said:
Does any one know if the SVT Header has the EGR bung like a Zetec header. And also, I know i'll also need an ORP (off Road Pipe) but do i also need a flex pipe??? Where can i get one?
only the "kit" from ford racing has the egr bung.

depends on the ORP you use. if you buy a SVT ORP then you'll need a SVT flex. but if you have a ORP made then you'll be able to use a zetec flex.

or you can cut off the flange on the SVT header and extend it to fit the zetec flex and put in a o2 bung in the extention. and you can make it have a 2.25/2.5 exit flange to match the flexpipe

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
so the stock SVt header has no EGR bung? crap, then this means i wont be able to use it?

·
Registered
789 Posts
i run my car with the EGR not hooked up to the headers and it runs fine with no problem. it won't affect the engine if you don't have it hooked up. the whole design behind the egr system is because the exhaust is sometimes rich and it puts some of those rich fumes back into the engine for more complete burning of the gas for eco purposes. there are no side affects of not having it hooked up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
kharazmatik said:
i just got the jet coated svt header to replace my current fc race header. ok so where do i plug in the o2 sensors and egr pipe? also i know i need a svt high flow cat or a orp.which one is better? and will it connect to my zetec flex or do i need a svt flex too?the whole thing looks totally different from my fc header
Did you take the header somewhere to get it coated, or did you purchase it already coated, and if so where?

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
focusfreak03 said:
i run my car with the EGR not hooked up to the headers and it runs fine with no problem. it won't affect the engine if you don't have it hooked up. the whole design behind the egr system is because the exhaust is sometimes rich and it puts some of those rich fumes back into the engine for more complete burning of the gas for eco purposes. there are no side affects of not having it hooked up.

Cool, thanks![thumb]

Did you get a Check Engine Light??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought the header already coated from someone on here. it should be the best header out there. pretty expensive header. but it should be worth it. there is no egr on it.but thats fine since i dont use it anyway.cant wait to install it .but i need a cat now

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The svt header can be bought from FRPP thats made for the standard zetec with the egr tube, gaskets, dipstick and tube and hardware. You will also need the svt cat/orp and the svt flexpipe.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
hey B16, i was searching on line and couldn't fine an SVT flex pipe, do you know where i can get one?

·
Registered
155 Posts
ok this thread has been bugging me... with the svt header kit from mcnewsautomotive.com you get: svt header, new egr tube, exhaust manifold gasket and optional oxygen sensor extention wires... to make this work on a normal focus u would then need : an offroad pipe (from mcnews) or a random tech highflow cat converter specific for the kit on a zetec, any regular focus flex pipe (not an svt flex) and the catback of ur choice. i personally have the svt header kit to a 2.5" random tech highflow cat to a FS flex to a 2.5" aluminized steel trubendz borla catback.... works great.. trust me... this IS all u need...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Auto0utcast said:
ok this thread has been bugging me... with the svt header kit from mcnewsautomotive.com you get: svt header, new egr tube, exhaust manifold gasket and optional oxygen sensor extention wires... to make this work on a normal focus u would then need : an offroad pipe (from mcnews) or a random tech highflow cat converter specific for the kit on a zetec, any regular focus flex pipe (not an svt flex) and the catback of ur choice. i personally have the svt header kit to a 2.5" random tech highflow cat to a FS flex to a 2.5" aluminized steel trubendz borla catback.... works great.. trust me... this IS all u need...

Or you can do what I did and get the SVT cat and SVT flex pipe...... but beware of your exhaust (as mentioned on this forum many times) the cat-back may have to be modified to bolt up to the flex... I have a WS and it bolted up just fine... I'm not sure what other cat-backs will bolt up to the SVT flex without slight modification.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
geeees!!![mad] I've been searching like crazy for a darn flex pipe from an SVTf, but have had no luck what so ever! I've been to McNews, but they sell he kit[scratch]. Also looking for the SVTf oil dipstick tube. Where the heck can i find these things!!!!!! [?|]

·
Registered
958 Posts
arent they oem parts off an svtf? cant u just go your local ford stealership and say that u need to order sed parts?

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
i went online to FordRacingParts.com and looked up these numbers i found:

YS42-5G203-AA (found this one at C-F-M Focus.com)
2M5Z-5G203-AA (found this one at FordRacing.com)

Both with no luck! I live a bit far from the nearest Ford Dealer!

·
Registered
958 Posts
i imagine cuz its not a "racing part" per se...like i said i think its oem meaning that ur prolly better off to call up the closest parts counter and ask them if they can order it for u...what about autozone or carquest...something like that...also have u tried focussalvage.com???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts