Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have two questions. Okay the first one is i am getting those ks projector headlights with the halo eyes like on the bmw.

1) Where should i hook them up. I thought about tapping it into the foglights so i can have it on without the regular lights. And also do i need any crazy resistors to tap in the fogs ot can i just go striaght into it.
2) And if by some crazy act of fate my bulbs go out on my ks projectors, what size are the bulbs they use[???:)]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really i thought the poll was bleedin hilarious cuz i have a hatchback and everyone laughs at me though i am 6'7. But i need to know where to tap those halos in, cuz i had halos before and i tapped them into to the regular lights and they were oh so dim. I barely saw them.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
everything in the car is 12v, so yes you could, but. I would connect them to your parking lights. Your halos will turn on if you put your parking lights on while if you put your halos onto your foglights, they will only come on with your headlights (defeats purpose). Unless you do the foglight mod the halos will only come on with the headlights and they will make your halos unnoticable. also your poll was gay and so are youl.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I thought the poll was funny! lol I have a ZX3 so you know what I voted. lol Too funny!

·
Registered
613 Posts
not gay and small

my friends call it a bubble car or a roller skate, I thought the poll was funny, I would say hook the halos up to an empty accesory on the fuse box, and run a switch to the interior, that's how I want to do mine whenever I can afford some....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you see the way i thought would be to hook it up with the fog and the foglight mod that way it would be off when you have your regular headlights on and you could have it on without the headlights on. I would like it to be some cool type of DRL's. Though i assume having the resitors connected would only help with longebity and not matter a flying flip with brighness

·
Registered
613 Posts
well don't tell them I said that

Yeah many people have compared it to a roller skate, mainly all my skating buddies, but anyhow yeah it's my little bubble

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a sedan, and I love it, I also love the hatchback, when I bought the car it came down to price, and the sedan was cheaper, this poll is gay!! To me it seems like your trying to put the sedan people against the hatchback people!! What are you trying to do start a civil war within the Focus Fanatics!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Oh yeah you WILL NEED TO USE THE RESISTOR unless you would like them to light up SUPER BRIGHT for one glorious moment, then DIE INSTANTLY, Halos are lit using LEDs you put 12v to an LED and they will blow, I've never known and LED to take more than 12v but to be safe I'd say stick with the resistors, I haven't gotten my Halo's yet but when I do I will be trying to figure out how hard it would be to replace them....

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
A few people have already blown their LED's in their halo's because they did not use the resistor and thought that everything was fine because the halo's came on and they were nice and bright. Then later, the bulbs burn out because the LED's have been max'd out with 12VDC and the silicone material that the LED is made of just broke down and died.

Unless the headlight manufacturer states that they have a resistor inline with the halo LED, I would install a half watt 300 to 330 ohm resistor inline with the halo's.

Do a search on HALO and use should find the install instructions on the halo's and resistors.

I put my halo's in parallel with the Fog Lights so I can turn them on/off on command.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.