Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Wow, musta been one helluva rock. I just realized I have no idea how much replacing one of those fog lights would cost... I hope that doesn't happen to me. Sorry it happened to you. [V]

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ouch

·
Registered
24 Posts
look on ebay for a factory replacement. they are usually around 80 bucks. If you go to the dealer they will be over 100.

Matt

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Ouch, hit dead center looks like. [?|] Beside Ebay do I want to know how much a replacement cost?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
thats nothing, apprently i found out the hard way that in this town theres a city ordinance against peeling out, w/ a fine of 188 phookin dollars!!!! thats american not canadian!!! gotta be the biggest BS iv heard lately, so no wheels for me for some time.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mofocus said:
thats nothing, apprently i found out the hard way that in this town theres a city ordinance against peeling out, w/ a fine of 188 phookin dollars!!!! thats american not canadian!!! gotta be the biggest BS iv heard lately, so no wheels for me for some time.....
Nothing? I have only had my Car for 2 weeks. and most states have that ordinance, it is actually "Exessive Display of Power".

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
nope it was in a parking lot IE private property, and 188, come on, thats mroe than any speeding ticket or almost any other citation i know of for a motor vehicle

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear about your foglight... it's always a gamble putting a lens that close to the ground. You should find out if someone makes Lexan or Plexiglass covers for SVTF fogs. That could save you a lot of pain and money down the road. Never mind mofocus' off-topic attempt @ one-upmanship. I'm sure the rest of us feel you. [;)]

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
knightm3 said:
Never mind mofocus' off-topic attempt @ one-upmanship.
Haha, HardNRG if you stay here long enough you'll see mofocus does this to everyone on just about every subject, sooner or later! Mofocus, you know you do it. [hihi]

On the subject of the lights, maybe you could get one of those "peel and stick" lens protectors (thin sheet of flexible clear plastic that "clings" to the lens), like what's available for headlights, made for the foglights? I dunno...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
knightm3 said:
Never mind mofocus' off-topic attempt @ one-upmanship. ]
LOL...he's one of the many of us that does that...ahem

Man that sucks. If I had the money I'd donate it to your "Fix-A-Foglight" fund.[:D]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
[;)] [hihi] [joke]

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
im sorry to see that, especially if you just got ur car, i had a similar problem when one of my neighbors kids fell on his bike 3 days after i got my car n scratched the hell out of the side.

MoFocus, i do think most states have that ordinace about excessive display of power. I got pulled over here in Philly in my uncles vette' once for burning out and got soooo lucky. the cops liked the car and decided to give me a no seatbelt citation so i didnt get moving violation and points..lol sorry to hear bout your fine.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Oh, mofocus would you relax. Geez. If you're really that annoyed with us, you can always pull a focaltech and disappear for a few months, then come back and announce your triumphant return. [paranoid]

·
AKA Calamity Jane
1,610 Posts
that sucks!! Sorry for your bad luck man. Hopefully, once you start to feel better and then when you get this light fixed you'll start having amazing luck and you'll win the lottery and share it with me (50/50) for predicted your future so accurately!! J/K

Hey guys, lay off of Mofocus! He's always been good to me. I think he's replied to most of my posts and given me good advice, and I don't think he was trying to oneup anybody, just sharing his experience too. Is that why you have that new signature now Mofocus?? Anyway, I LOVE YOU ALL!!! hehehe

·
Registered
875 Posts
Anytime you try and downplay someone's experience with your own, "Oh, that's nothing...", that's one-upmanship. Back on topic, Hard NRG: Any updates on your foglight? And what about those protectors?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts