Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha last post was Tuesday(11/11/14) of last week. So are forums on websites becoming a thing of the past? [dunno]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just reinstalled Tapatalk since it was being buggy. I noticed the lack of posts too. Cold weather and getting dark early is depressing :(

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Lots of people moving on to newer and better cars. The first focus rolled off the line over 15 years ago at this point, and the new focus is an entirely different class of car aimed at an entirely different demographic.

Also, lots of people moved into facebook groups for chit-chat, and mostly visit the forums when something on their car breaks.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Like you said most people have moved on to other cars I think that is the biggest thing. It is easier to chit-chat on Facebook or sites like that. I see Forums to be sort of a dying trend for communicating. I think in the future they will be just used for research and to gain knowledge about their cars

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Unfortunately since the release of the mk3 this site has slowly declined. Seemed the "enthusiasts" and passion went as well with it. I remember when I first joined there were projects going everyday in all the forum sections. And get togethers were a lot bigger and more involved. Sad it's starting to go away. Mk1 for life!

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Unfortunately since the release of the mk3 this site has slowly declined. Seemed the "enthusiasts" and passion went as well with it. I remember when I first joined there were projects going everyday in all the forum sections. And get togethers were a lot bigger and more involved. Sad it's starting to go away. Mk1 for life!

Amen

·
Registered
293 Posts
it dose not have to die we can keep the movement going, i no that i am trying to recruite as many local peeps down here as i can. we need to spread the word. be cool if we could make ocfw a bigger event every year. agreed sean mk1s for life

·
Registered
293 Posts
meant to ask ric if you had any site cards you could send so i can hand them out, i also started a local group here we only have 8 foci so far but its expanding and their are plenty of st drivers down here that i dont think are informed about our awesome forum.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
I don't want it to go away neither. I mean I never had a fb until last xmas so I had no clue what people half the time were referring to

·
Registered
293 Posts
i think this site gets more active during summer months, winter sucks! i cant wait for focus wars next year!

·
Registered
293 Posts
The site isnt going anywhere soon, nor are many of us members who are die-hard focus fanatics.
says the man that drives a suboomaru lol jk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe I'm not very savvy on FB, but I like how you can navigate to find threads and topics on this type of site.

It seems like on FB it's often about who can top the next guy/gal to be more current...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am not a fan of Facebook style car pages. I like the searchable format that these forums use.

There is so much misinformation and secondhand information that gets passed off to unsuspecting young enthusiasts that are looking for a cheap quick fix. This is the age of anti-socials and the need for instant gratification. No one wants to talk face to face or wait for a real diagnosis these days!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Facebook - the one big BS thread....

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I use this site on the daily. Lots of helpful stuff. I don't think that the last post thing is very accurate

·
Registered
213 Posts
Maybe I'm not very savvy on FB, but I like how you can navigate to find threads and topics on this type of site.

It seems like on FB it's often about who can top the next guy/gal to be more current...
Facebook only good for a few things; games, over compensation contests, and those who think privacy is over rated and this feel the need to post their address, photos inside their house, and their monthly schedule.

As for this place being dead; I still lurk around in the shadows, hoping no one sees me. [ninja]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Facebook only good for a few things; games, over compensation contests, and those who think privacy is over rated and this feel the need to post their address, photos inside their house, and their monthly schedule.

As for this place being dead; I still lurk around in the shadows, hoping no one sees me. [ninja]
but i see you peeking in and out lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts