Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may be a really lame question but I have to ask it anyways even if people call me an idiot afterward. So here it goes,

Do you have to hook a Nitrous kit all the way up in order to get the purge to work, and if not, what all needs to be done to get the purge up and running?

So really, I ask this because I cant see myself using the nitrous for regular driving, and I really dont go to the track. So what I want it for is to purge it all the time and make people look at me. Call me lame or whatever, but I think its cool, and its funny when you do stuff like that and people who dont know what it is get strange looks on their faces. I laugh at that sort of stuff.

So yea, let me know.

And, if you feel the need to make fun of me and call me a poser, thats cool too. Im pretty easy going and I know its a funny thing to ask to begin with.

Thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
they make a show purge kit that is significantly cheaper than the whole kit, at least i know zex does.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, do you have a website for that "show" kit?

thanks for the replies everyone.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
1turbofocus said:
Nope just hook up the parts you want to use and have fun

Tom

^^^^^ Exactely. You only need the bottle and a purge kit... If you never intend to spray it for power you can even use CO2 instead of nitrous just for show, its cheaper to fill the bottle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
viney266 said:
^^^^^ Exactely. You only need the bottle and a purge kit... If you never intend to spray it for power you can even use CO2 instead of nitrous just for show, its cheaper to fill the bottle.

thats cool. That would be alot cheaper than the whole Show Kit. I found a link for the show kit and its like 300 bucks, so at least I think it would be cheaper. Any idea how hard of an install this would be? Probably pretty easy eh?

·
Registered
649 Posts
If you do get a show kit, definately go with CO2 because venting N2O is typically illegal (it's a NOX so you'll be contributing to that awesome smog you see all over the place). Besides, it makes no sense to buy nitrous just to vent it into the air! Also it sounds like you already realize this, but you'll take a lot of crap for ricing out a prefectly good SVT if you do this mod... try not to give us all a bad rep!

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Out of sheer curiousity... is it possible to get the colored purge like in Need For Speed Underground 2? I always thought it was a gimic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bacarl said:
If you do get a show kit, definately go with CO2 because venting N2O is typically illegal (it's a NOX so you'll be contributing to that awesome smog you see all over the place). Besides, it makes no sense to buy nitrous just to vent it into the air! Also it sounds like you already realize this, but you'll take a lot of crap for ricing out a prefectly good SVT if you do this mod... try not to give us all a bad rep!

LOL Yea, im still debating this because I dont like ricers at all. I do however think the purge is cool, and like i said, I like messing with people so it would be perfect with my sense of humor. Make no mistake however, I am very proud of my SVT and I do not want to soil its name or the names of others that own them. I have loved ford and SVT since a I was little and my dream is to get myself a Sonic blue Lightning and a sonic blue Cobra before I die so I can have myself a little sonic blue family. So yea. Ok I just went on a tangent. Sorry lol.

Oh BTW, yes, you can get the colored purge like in fast and the furious.,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yea, almost forgot, thats a good idea with the co2 instead of nitrous. Im not a hippie, but I dont want to go around blowing up the ozone either, and cheap is good especially with gas prices at 1million dollars a gallon.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
focusonthefocus said:
Out of sheer curiousity... is it possible to get the colored purge like in Need For Speed Underground 2? I always thought it was a gimic.
Yeah you buy little nozzles that have LEDs built into them.

logan

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
UWSP_SVT said:
Ok,

And, if you feel the need to make fun of me and call me a poser, thats cool too. Im pretty easy going and I know its a funny thing to ask to begin with.

Thanks[thumb]
...Poser...??? ...no more than the rest of us....[rolleyes]

·
Registered
348 Posts
The question isn't gay, but if you were to execute it....that would be gay. IMO, that's on the level with the fake blow off valve thingy they sell for the "turbo sound".

To each his own though....but who's gonna laugh when you get dusted after messing with the imports with your non-existant nitrous? ;-)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i would laugh alot

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
if you were going to set up a spray show for $300 why not just spend the extra 200 and get the whole set, just put in the 35hp nozzles

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I don't know if its still in tehre.. but in the BST forums.. DetroitBass had an entire show system botle purge kit up for sale.. with a BLUE LED hooked to it for a bluish purge... it was JUST the show kit, bottle and all... you might want to check there, because I rememebr the price being good... I don't know if its sold or not yet...

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
I think it's hilarious that there are actually kits out there specifically for pretending you have nitrous - I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise, but all the same, I was totally unaware of such a thing until reading this thread.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^^^^

Ditto here... when I saw the Purge Kit for sale in the BST.. I thought someone was practicaly GIVING a nitrous kit away for the price listed....

.....then I found out about the 'Purge Kit: For Show Only'.... don't really know what to think of it.

UWSP_SVT... Does that stand for University of Wisconsin Stevens Point?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts