Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted anything on here in a while because for the better part of a month and a half I haven't had a car. I was in a pretty bad wreck that wasn't my fault, but it has been an up-hill battle because the other guy doesn't have insurance.[:(!] . So I've taken some pictures. The car was not totalled because the bags never went off. $9337 was the primary estimate.

the front end torn down

frame rail

new clip

new rail

nothing there

I hope to get it back in a week and a half. I have some new goodies for her when I do get her back.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
damn that's pretty bad. at least you're ok. be sure to post pics of the new goodies when she's all fixed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
yea glad to see your ok...I know how it feels to get nothing for an accident thats not your fault...I even had a law suit for 4 years and got nothing

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
ouch yah that looks bad...good thing your ok now :D good luck gettin it back in good condition!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Ouch, all that pain/suffering and damage to your whip and he didn't have insurance? Someone definatly needs an ass-whoopin'. Glad your okay.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Ill vouche for the toughness of a Focus'. My wifes '01 (seen in my gallery) had a S-10 Blazer pull out in front of her. The only thing it did to the Focus was put a nice gouge in the right fender, break the mirror off and slightly scratch the right front wheel. The alignment wasent evn off, lol. The S-10 on the other hand was totalled. It took off the left front fender, the entire left front wheel/suspension/halfshaft, and part of the frame and front bumper was ripped off. I know that was just a freakish hit for the Focus to come out almost unscaved, but thought it was pretty cool. The damage was so light on the Focus that i had her completely fixed the next day. They towed the Chevy to a salvage yard, lol. Glad to hear youre ok though.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
haha damn man talk about a good hit! and you didnt total it? you sir are the man

lol seriously though hope evertyhing turns out ok [thumb]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty confident that she is being put back together right because I have the only person I trust working on it. He is my best friend that happens to be one of the best body men I know. I've seen him do some crazy stuff when it comes to fixing cars. He also knows how [screwy] I am about cars. Everything has to be perfect or it will drive me nuts.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Damn... good luck with everything!

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Glad to hear you're all right after that. I understand what it's like to not have your car for awhile (damn deer).

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
where the heck to they get a clip that new from? that is kinds funny......"yeah Fred, just put the front of the car over here, and I'll pull the rear over tomorrow" lol.......

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Glad that you made it out of there okay. As for the insurance-less prick, he'll have a hell of a time trying to find a replacement Mark VIII like that. I say good kill!!!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Harsh accident, hope your car is 'close' to what it was before, as after an accident like that, your car will NEVER be the same.... regardless of how good the bodyshop is........

Glad you are ok, that is the most important thing........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts