Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the powerful, high potential, great race record car known as the focus, but please enlighten me on why I keep hearing, seeing, and reading about people calling the Focus a "ricer"? The last time I checked it was American with Euro roots. What has the Focus done to deserve this treatment?[???:)]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Rice has evolved into a state of mind. Its no longer a Japanese car. Its now a person that puts tacky items on their car, have it pretend to be a more powerful version, and actually believes their car is the fastest thing around.

A Focus in itself is not rice. If some e-thug wants to thump his V8 chest and wants to call a Focus rice to make himself feel better, they would just be disillusioning themselves.

Oh, this is better suited in General Car Chat. [;)]

·
Registered
545 Posts
that was a reasonable question, when i first got here i didn't know what rice meant at all, and your title makes me think of a great quote, i think one of my teachers may have had on their wall in high school, not directed at you by the way:

"there are no stupid questions..... just stupid people"

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
well people tend to look down on the focus. people think its ugly and slow and what they dont like.....they'll call it rice. granted the focus is no powerhouse, but its one of the best handling cars out there and best bang for the buck. i love beating people in my car and sayin............."hahaha. u just got beat by a FOCUS. how does that make u feel"? pisses em off pretty bad.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
gitar111 said:
that was a reasonable question, when i first got here i didn't know what rice meant at all, and your title makes me think of a great quote, i think one of my teachers may have had on their wall in high school, not directed at you by the way:

"there are no stupid questions..... just stupid people"
That quote came from Mr Garrison(sp?) on South Park. I think it's hilarious.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i might sound stupid, but i dont really believe there are ricers(well, theres exceptions...ppl that think they can beat anyone and talk crap ) but i think there are just people that arent very well informed...

i used to know NOTHING about cars, so on my cobalt i had just a flowmaster muffler, some cool graphics, 15 inch konig reasons on stock tires, and a black cobalt ss spoiler(red car)

hell , i used to be worse than that, please dont laugh, but i used to think those round can mufflers were ----get this---- exhaust tips LOL yes ...i wanted to put one on the tip of my car thinking it would make it louder...i didnt but just imagine if i did lol. that was a few years ago...i have learned in the ways and am no longer a padiwan..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts