Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield wiper blades are a year and a half old, lol. Both front ones make gaseous noises when they're operating when the windshield is not that wet. They're just old, and need to be replaced.

The back, however, doesn't make as much noise but I'd replace that one too.

I'm afraid of going to (insert name of auto parts store) and picking out any old set of wiper blades, because I don't know anything about quality in a wiper blade. Is silicone any good?

What are some good wiper blades to buy?

Thanks in advance[:D]

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
are they available from the dealer only or anywhere?

edit: I measured 14.5" (rear), 18.5" and 21.5" (front)... correct, yes?

·
Registered
464 Posts
get PIAA silicone wipers. those are the shiznit. they are quite when they go across the windsheild when its dry. and each blade comes with a applicator towlet to wipe on your windsheild to make the water just bead up and slide off the windsheild. they have like a one year warrenty or something like that. the wipers themselves last i think it said like 5 years. the part i like about them though is that, say its raining and your on the free way, you dont really have to use your wipers because of how the water beads up and rolls off the window from the wind! no joke.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
i always go with bosch pretty expensive for wipers but they last me a long time and we have snow and rain a lot

Reactions: Pclaythomas

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does autozone or advance auto parts carry the bosch and piaa?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I second the PIAA blades. Out of all the parts Ive put on my car as funny as it sounds those blades made me the happiest!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
PIAA Super Silicone. Quite possibly the best wipers that I've ever used. They're very quiet, chadderfree when used wet or dry. They do haze a bit when being used, but I have yet to find a blade that doesn't. The blades are also coated with a RainX type of material so that the more you use the blades, the more your windshield get's coated and the less that you need to use them as the rain will bead up and glide off the glass. These are also made from Silicone rubber, not just plain rubber meaning that it more tolerable to the elements. Before I used these, I was happy with the Bosch Microedge. They were good blades, but I could only get about 1 yr out of them on my daily driver. They also make a very annoying wind noise when your on the highway. I guess it's just from the way that they are shaped and the slope of the windshield, but it was an annoying noise none the less.

---Randy

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Eric D said:
...they have like a one year warrenty or something like that. the wipers themselves last i think it said like 5 years...
Link for the warrenty What place said it lasted 5 years? That's incredible!

FocusOhFive said:
does autozone or advance auto parts carry the bosch and piaa?
Autozone or AAP should sell those Bosch. I've only seen PIAA sold at authorized dealers and online. Click Here to find a dealer.

What I also like about them, is that when the blades go, you can buy just the wiper for only $6-$8. I purchased mine from AJUSA.com. I got them and the PIAA Xtreme White Plus for all under $90. They had an excellent coupon code that saved anywhere from 10-15%, but it must've expired. AJUSA also has FREE shipping when you spend a certain amount.

---Randy

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The Bosch Microedge Excel are much better than the Microedge.

Off topic, Europeans have much better wipers than us. My friend is a wiper Engineer for Bosch in Germany.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
94 Posts
The focus uses 22" on the Driver side and 19" on the Passenger side. I think the back is 15", not sure cause I don't have one. My original blades just got replaced by Bosch MicroEdge's, not sure how well they work yet.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
go to wal-mart and pick up some of the Michelins. they're like 6 bucks a pop, but they work very well. i bought a set for my ex-girlfriend over a year ago and she says they still work like the day i put them on her car

·
Registered
280 Posts
I found the one piece Reflex wipers the best I have come across. They simply will not lift at speed, cut under the snow when i'm too lazy to clear it off and do a great job in the rain, even better with Rain-X on the windshield.Of course, when the RainX is newly applied the wipers are barely needed...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.