Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was a baseline back in Febuary with NO tune, I did have a voloant intake on it though.

The temperature was around 60 so at a minimum a 30 degree difference in temp:

This is going from Waynes Street Tune to Tom's tune...

Only differences in engine mods between feb and this most recent one was the addition of an ORP...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
that's a fairly telling difference. The DSI switchover looks pretty much nailed in both, where does Tom put it? Your run also seems to only go to around 6700rpm, was that the case? Whats the new fuel cutoff?

·
Registered
703 Posts
well, from what i see, the max yuve gained is about 2 whp and about 5 wtq:

Wayne | Tom
152.9 whp ~~~> 154.2whp
137.3 wtq ~~~> 137.3wtq

so wouldnt that be explained by the addition of the ORP? i may be wrong, but both dyno tunes might have looked similar if Toms tune was done with the same mods as Wayne worked with in feb... However, if it were up to me, id go with Tom anyways, so i dont know what im trying to prove...lol

anyhow, nice numbers!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DaZeDFoCuS said:

Wayne | Tom
152.9 whp ~~~> 154.2whp
137.3 wtq ~~~> 137.3wtq

so wouldnt that be explained by the addition of the ORP? i may be wrong, but both dyno tunes might have looked similar if Toms tune was done with the same mods as Wayne worked with in feb... However, if it were up to me, id go with Tom anyways, so i dont know what im trying to prove...lol

anyhow, nice numbers!
I must not have been clear- in Feb there WAS NO tune.. that was with a stock ECU and it was at a minimum 30 degrees cooler out...

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
perhaps Wayne was being slightly more conservative w/ the tune, calling it the Street Tune?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Wayne's conservative tune is called the highway tune. I wonder what Wayne would have to say about this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
DaZeDFoCuS said:

Wayne | Tom
152.9 whp ~~~> 154.2whp
137.3 wtq ~~~> 137.3wtq

anyhow, nice numbers!
also if i remember correctly Wayne's was 149.4/128.1 and Tom's was 154.2/137.3

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
This is just the "STD tune" i send out to those that want it for 100.00 as SpeedOften knows this was pulled straight from the SCT software and NO changes were made to the "STD tune" at the time it was installed , NO dyno tuning was done to see what worked best in the tune on his car

This is a very conservative tune and could be run with 91 as many are doing

Wayne is welcome to reply

Tom

·
Registered
316 Posts
Overall the max numbers are slightly different, but take close look at the 2500 RPMS, From waynes to toms tune there is significant increase in power, spread across a more usual power band in city driving.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
are these all mailorder tunes? and what flasher did you use?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tom I most say I do believe you can work miracles with tunes, SpeedOftens car drove oh so much better afterwards. I just don't know how to describe the shear awe it gave me to ride in his car afterwards...... I think I need an SVT now..... SpeedOften, your car's life maybe in danger....ahahahaha

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
you can see the smothness on the curve on one une that you dont see in the other??

·
Registered
703 Posts
SpeedOften said:
I must not have been clear- in Feb there WAS NO tune.. that was with a stock ECU and it was at a minimum 30 degrees cooler out...
oops, mah bad!

Originally posted by ScreaminSVT
also if i remember correctly Wayne's was 149.4/128.1 and Tom's was 154.2/137.3
and again... ill shut up now[:D]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts