Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 05 SE in today...my tranny was slipping n the fluid smelled burnt...so I asked em to check it out...here's the list so far.
Tranny is smoked.
Tranny computer or what ever isnt working right.
Both front wheel bearings are toast.
Motor is ticking/knocking slightly.
Valve cover leaks oil around cap.
Now... here's the kicker...THE CAR HAS 11,700 MILES ON IT!!!!!
WTF seriously...its freaking rediculous...[?|]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't freakin ask me but I'm pissed...Because Now I'm out a car (honda's are torn apart for engine Buildup) and since I'm not 25 I cant get a loaner...and i need a car to drive 50+ miles to school and back...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Show me a focus with 300k on the original motor/tranny and I'll bark like a dog
Well seeing as Focus' havent been out all that long, most wouldn't see anywhere close to 300K anyways. Don't get on some trip about how much better honda's are cause they last so long. Maybe if you didn't flog the piss out of your car the tranny wouldn't be shot. Did you give the engine and trans a proper break in period? If not that could be alot of the reason why.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
take it this is your first new car and you didnt read the owners manual, theres a part in there about break in for it....
and all these problems are the cars fault...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I did...and I'd like to add... I Raced my 92 prelude every weekend for over a year and a half, about 14-16 races a weekend. Never broke a thing untill a nail caught my tire and made me hit a pole.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
never had a problem with either of my foci. a 00 and an02. finally traded the 00 in after hitting a deer. my 02 was going strong until last fall, through no fault of the car. i dropped a rotor bearing in the s/c. and yes i do race it, at the track.
feel sorry for the next person who gets one of your cars. ya gotta take care of them or they wont take care of you.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Ok, this thread is not about your prelude or how many races you entered. Don't come on here bashing focus' and praising how great honda's are in comparison. Yes honda engineers have built some spectacular cars that are great and last forever. If you want advise you'll get more than you could need to know, but in past threads, when members come on here saying how crappy thier focus is because of some problems and how great such and such car is, nothing gets accomplished and threads usually get locked. Now it's unfortunate what happened but my buddy's has a friend with a nearly brand new Si and it had to go in because the transmission was shot on it with less than 10K miles. Does it mean all of them suck, of course not. There is always exception man. Now, is your car under warranty? If so it should all be covered cause beat on or not, that is pretty rediculous for all that be broke that fast. Good luck getting it repaired.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
never had a problem with either of my foci. a 00 and an02. finally traded the 00 in after hitting a deer. my 02 was going strong until last fall, through no fault of the car. i dropped a rotor bearing in the s/c. and yes i do race it, at the track.
feel sorry for the next person who gets one of your cars. ya gotta take care of them or they wont take care of you.
yup exactly...its how YOU take care of the car that determines its life. If something goes abnormally wrong with a car (any car) the first person I always blame is the driver. Maintenance is key. Keep up with everything and the car will go for a loong time with no problems, doesnt matter what kinda car it is. Hell I know a Jeep Wrangler with close to 500,000 on the odometer.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.