Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out of it even if our lives depended upon it?! LOL I know that I'm only getting 26.9 city my car sees right above red line a few times each day I just get trigger happy having a 5spd and all LOL!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I get 25 in the city and 35 on the highway haha. The exhaust makes it to much fun, and on the decell the reverb is so loud haha.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I got almost 38mpg on the roadtrip to and from FocusFest this year, and I'm absolutely sure that's about 10mpg better than I get around town, and most of the roads around where I live are 60-65mph with a light roughly every mile or two. I sometimes downshift under bridges just to hear My exhaust spit and pop, lol.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I got almost 38mpg on the roadtrip to and from FocusFest this year, and I'm absolutely sure that's about 10mpg better than I get around town, and most of the roads around where I live are 60-65mph with a light roughly every mile or two. I sometimes downshift under bridges just to hear My exhaust spit and pop, lol.
I find my self down shifting up to stops quite often now that I have a real exhaust haha.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get on it. At least once per trip, and yes I downshift to hear my exhaust, to help slow down, and to make sure that I'm in a gear in case I need the power, cause you know how those lights can change before you get to them lol.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I get average 32 mpg in city... I tend to stay off of it. XD but i do keep it in gear when approaching a light, just in case if i need to gun it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know if I got exhaust my MPG's would go down for quite some time, but they would eventually come back. When I put headers and a y-pipe on th 3L Contour I loved the sound, then I swapped the main cat for a test pipe and oh my, it sounds SO damn good.

Not sure if the 4 banger can be in the realm of how good that V6 sounded, but I'm sure it will have a happy note of it's own. I got 42mpg cruising into work this morning :p

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I live in a rural area with no traffic, winding roads and no cops.

...but of course I follow all traffic laws and don't drop the hammer at every opportunity. [paranoid]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Me too. I have wide open highways and a couple fun mountain roads. I have NEVER dropped it to 3rd at 75 and went to the top of 4th and a little beyond.

·
Registered
467 Posts
^^^^ RIGHT ^^^^
[shhh][shhh][shhh][shhh]i used to live in the mountians of ga and i always dropped the hammer every where i went..... even ran from some of my law enforcment buddies on those roads several times........ what fun!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yea well I pledge the Fifth.

·
Registered
296 Posts
there isn't a day that goes by that i don't get on it. At least once per trip, and yes i downshift to hear my exhaust, to help slow down, and to make sure that i'm in a gear in case i need the power, cause you know how those lights can change before you get to them lol.
x2!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i did yesterday... i had to... merging on the highway.... guy with a trailer.... put her in 3rd and zoomed passed him.. didnt even hit 80. lol. but yes i find it a little hard to not wanna get on it but i can control it. i usually keep the RPMs below 4000. i just watch an old video of mine if i wanna go WOT...

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
^^ OEM shifter? Need to upgrade...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I dont have anything bad to say about the stock shifter. I prefer slightly longer throws.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts