Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what i am driving now since my car is wrecked. No it is not the same car haha, this is my dads car and its what i am driving till mine gets fixed.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Your dad apparently likes tint so dark it looks like the windows are painted black. No tint laws in your state??

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yes he does have good fast. It does have really dark tint. We do have strict tint laws, but in the 5 years he has had the car he has only been pulled over once for it. The car has the rear lunch box resignator delete and an axle back exhaust. K&n drop in filter. Short throw shifter. I put my depo yellow fogs into this car till mine gets fixed. He is also about to order the argent EAP's.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Yeah, those tint laws usually come into play with people who are getting pulled over for other reasons. We have the same thing here, but you see people violating it (myself included) all the time. 30% is just too light. If I get pulled over at night, I turn on the interior lights, and that usually leads them to ask fewer questions. Cops just want to be sure that nobody is hiding in the back seat with a shotgun. SUVs can be 15% in the rear- but not cars?? That's the stupidest thing IMO.

Nice car, sorry about thread jacking.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Cool car, I like! I've alway's had cool car's

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, those tint laws usually come into play with people who are getting pulled over for other reasons. We have the same thing here, but you see people violating it (myself included) all the time. 30% is just too light. If I get pulled over at night, I turn on the interior lights, and that usually leads them to ask fewer questions. Cops just want to be sure that nobody is hiding in the back seat with a shotgun. SUVs can be 15% in the rear- but not cars?? That's the stupidest thing IMO.

Nice car, sorry about thread jacking.
Its no problem man. I completely understand what you are saying. It is a very dumb and confusing law. I do the same, i turn on the dome light and open the sun roof cover to let as much light in the car as possible. But thank you.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I like it! I want those wheels. lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol well one of them is bent. As you can see the kid who had the car before us didnt take care of them very well and let the brake dust melt onto the rims. When my dad gets different rims he is giving these to me for my winter rims. I am in the process of removing the brake dust with steel wool right now and it is working, so they will eventually look good. I also plan on getting them powdercoated a random color.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
I was going to ask what the hell happened to the rear wheel lol. Nice ride, though. Tint is too dark for my taste but whatever. Not my car lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha yep. Some people just don't take care of thier cars for some reason. But yea the tint is really dark.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
lol well one of them is bent. As you can see the kid who had the car before us didnt take care of them very well and let the brake dust melt onto the rims. When my dad gets different rims he is giving these to me for my winter rims. I am in the process of removing the brake dust with steel wool right now and it is working, so they will eventually look good. I also plan on getting them powdercoated a random color.
Yeah there looks to be alot of poo on that wheel. lol 2 of my rims are bent. :/ For now I just plastidipped my wheels...I will see how far they last into winter! I would imagine the salt from the road would tear them up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts