Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
if you go to the website, you only get money if you have had multiple repairs. i think it was like 3 or more.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
pretty much.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got one in the mail yesterday. The TCM on a '13 I own was replaced at no charge by Ford last year. Looks like you need multiple repairs and out of pocket before this will pay anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got one in the mail also as my '13 Focus was going in for it's second set of clutches and its first TCM, all under 50k miles.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got this mailer and also another letter from a lawyer in state that was offering the same thing.

As like others mine has a 5-spd. I have also gotten similar letters in the past once or twice.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I got that too, what's funny is by VIN they could exclude ST's which are all Manual. But they don't, it's extremely shoddy work on their part.

I laughed, threw it out and moved on.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I got that too, what's funny is by VIN they could exclude ST's which are all Manual. But they don't, it's extremely shoddy work on their part.

I laughed, threw it out and moved on.
Looks like that's been rectified:

"Notice was mailed to known potential class members in early July, 2017. Please be aware that postcards regarding the Settlement were sent inadvertently to some owners or lessees of vehicles not included in the Settlement Class. These vehicles include 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta vehicles and 2012-2016 Ford Focus vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, 2012-2016 Ford Focus Electric Vehicles, and 2016 Model Year Focus SE vehicles equipped with a 1.0L Engine and an optional 6-speed Automatic Transmission with SelectShift."

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks like that's been rectified:

"Notice was mailed to known potential class members in early July, 2017. Please be aware that postcards regarding the Settlement were sent inadvertently to some owners or lessees of vehicles not included in the Settlement Class. These vehicles include 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta vehicles and 2012-2016 Ford Focus vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, 2012-2016 Ford Focus Electric Vehicles, and 2016 Model Year Focus SE vehicles equipped with a 1.0L Engine and an optional 6-speed Automatic Transmission with SelectShift."
Hi: rebelx... Nobody's accused Ford of being SMART!!!
CanFocusFan [wave]

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just my TI back after the TCM finally bit the dust (for days ago) last week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Darn. I got this letter too and I am very upset... I have had no repairs on the car except replacement of the sway bar links in the rear, blew one out going over a large railroad crossing at 75 miles an hour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts