Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new belt for my JRSC w/bbk. The old one squeaked probably because there was some power steering fluid on the pulley when i installed it. I know there was a post or two about how to route it. It is driving me crazy that I can't find the damn thing in a search. The two belts are the same length and I've tried everything I can to get it to fit. I have a Ton of slack with the belt. I bought the 104.5 inch belt which is correct. HELP!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried going to the JR website and the way the instructions on that site tell you to route it it doesn't fit.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
btw:

My belt starting squealing at start up recently and I replaced the belt tensioner to resolve the issue. It wasn't putting enough tension on the belt.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it thanks! I just went to Autozone and bought the Gatorback belt. It was 104.5 inches, but when I compared the two it was just a little bit smaller. I'm talking maybe 1/4 inch smaller at best. The squealing stopped instantly. I think if they went just a little bit smaller on the belt it would have solved the issue. I've heard of a bunch of people that have had the same problem.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I had the belt going right from the sc pulley to the alternator. I thought I was going the wrong way around the powersteering fluid area pulleys.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, I just added 30 hp because the back of my belt says NASCAR on it hehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts