Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2436680107&category=33631

I know the guy is incompetent, cant spell and all but the actual header is SS TIG welded and has a lifetime warranty from OBX, I know everyone bags on OBX intakes but this seems decent enough the only thing that is kinda wierd for me is the fact that everyone gets free shipping and not the U.S. because of air shipping costs sounds wierd someone gimme an opinion.

Anyone have it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lifetiem warranty .... Im looking at OBX's site for any loops holes in the warranty

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i checked the website it is 400 bucks from OBX, anyone thinking scam or somethign like me ? seems wierd he would could sell it that much cheaper.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well thats probably about how much its worth, i noticed some of the other Ebay plp doing the same things, like the clear corners are $20 on there and on their site its like $40.......guess they want you to think your getting a deal or somthing

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well what do you think man, seems good if it is an OBX i checked their website there was nothing about BS install voiding the warranty. Worth the risk if it is the warranty right ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one of their shorty style headers (http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1063) a few weeks ago, and just installed it last week. I got it for the opening bid price of $100, my total with shipping was like $118 or so.

They shipped it FedEx on Mon, and I got it Tues and I live in Indiana and it came from NC. Not bad.

Anyway, The header most definitely looks to be of high quality. The only negatives I can list are for one, I did a bit of smoothing out some rough spots on the the inside of the welds with a Dremel, but no big deal at all, and two, the gasket does cover a slight portion of 3 of the ports on the header. I trimmed what I could, but once you get to the metal core of the gasket, that's pretty much it. But in all honesty, it's not bad at all.

Install, okay, I have to admit, is kind of a bitch. But I promise you you'll feel great once it's done. In my case anyway, (02 ZX3 5spd), I found it easiest to disconnect the EGR tube 1ST, then drop the cat pipe down, and go ahead and take out all of the mounting brackets for the cat, cause they'll be in the way when you're on your way back in. As far as getting the old header out and new one in, well, you'll just have to figure out what bolts and nuts need to come out to give you adequate clearance, then just have some patience and wiggle the old one out and the new one in.

When I first started it up, I had a slight rattle, but I expected one because tightened the cat clamp nuts down rather conservatively, so after I got her warmed up a bit, while it was running I got under there and tightened them down, and it's been good to go ever since (WATCH OUT FOR THE FAN BLADES! :)

The header has been on about 2 weeks now I guess, and it still looks very good. It turned kind of goldish almost right away, but I think that's partly because I sprayed it down with Windex before the first start up - because with headers like that the oils on your skin can in time make them rust or damage the finish prematurely. I used a bit too much Windex, cause I could smell it burning off, but after a day or two it was gone, and the header looks great.

The header is my only paid for performance mod (I have removed my air box silence/resonator), and I have a STEEDA shifter, but that's it. The car sounds pretty good in my opinion, a """muscley"""" 4 banger sound, you know, not farty like a Honda at all, but just a nice clean strong sound.

So in closing, yes, in most cases, you get what you pay for. Are there better headers out there? Sure there are. But do you want to pay an extra $250 or so dollars just for an extra .5 or 1 hp difference? Cause I don't.

By the way, the header design is the same as the Ford Racing header if that means anything
to you, and it lists for $375.

Well I know I said a lot, but I hope that clears the issue for you guys (and ladies). Its a good purchase. Plus, whereas seemingly everyone has cold air intakes (for good reason), not many people have headers, so it is kind of cool to have one I guess.

MUSTANGS AND FOCI FOREVER, F-BODYS AND HAMPSTER POWER, NEVER!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
pitchblackab said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2436680107&category=33631

I I know everyone bags on OBX intakes but this seems decent enough the only thing that is kinda wierd for me is the fact that everyone gets free shipping and not the U.S. because of air shipping costs sounds wierd someone gimme an opinion.

Anyone have it.

The shipping.... As I have to pay the BS Alaska rate everyone charges.... Anyways, he says NO SHIPPING! over seas (meaning don't bid he won't ship, not free shipping)!

The Air mail thing.... That is for Alaska and Hawaii! See we aren't part of the US... Eveyone including USPS thinks we are a foreign country and charge more for shipping here!

Hope this cleared up why he was giving "FREE SHIPPING" over seas!
[clap]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
man i have the same problem as you...
Puerto Rico is part of the states...
and for some companies we are just as international as Mexico...

american express declines a car just becouse i lived in an "international country"

so they refere me to the mexico office...

Joel

·
Registered
167 Posts
i dont think ssautochrome sells the same header as obx makes i think that they make thier own and give ebay stuff a bad name the obx makes decent parts for import cars and i would be interested in seeing how good thier product would be on a focus

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have not bought it yet, DONT. I had a shorty and they suck, it yeilded 2whp and 3ft/lb of torque. And then it cracked 6 months later and they said it was my fault bc of hard acceleration. Then I bought a Focus Central race header and flex pipe and WOW. It gave me 10hp and 8ft/lb of torque. So do what you want but be smart and buy quality

·
Registered
370 Posts
I got that same header and have had nothing but problems it was bent and has had leaks ever since i had it installed. it even vibrated and broke the bolts off my stock cat.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
An 8 month old thread brough back to life.
I have seen a post by pitchblackab in a long time....

Are these OBX or SSautocrap headers you guys are complaining about ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts