Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my on-going problems with the SCT software....

Now I'm being told theyTHINK that the issue is still with my parts... that I dont have enough fuel system to support the kind of power that I am making...

Thats sorta [:)][:)][:)][:)]'n funny since the car ran fine for the last SEVEN THOUSAND MILES before I started using their software....

They still cant tell me why when I change the min and max AD counts my fuel pressureDOUBLES

I am so sick of this shit......[?|] [?|] [?|]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
One question, if it ran fine, why did you switch to something different? Just curious.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom going into semi- retirement and the lack of end user adjustability of the Diablo Predator.... I dont want to drive 400 miles each way for small adjustments.....

now I just want to be able to drive....

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet, Ryan is hard to get ahold of somedays and until today I didnt have a means of datalogging using their software...

But the UPS man should be dropping off the laptop today and I'll get some datalogs sent out tonight.

It got alittle better with the RLA6 code instead of the YRF0.... but datalogging should be the key to help figure this stuff out.

I have to add the even with the RLA6 version when you change the MAF settings the fuel pressure still goes ape[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to Tom Friday and he told me that he had called SCT to talk to them about all this stuff going on with the tune and software, I know prior he was going to call.

He told me that SCT believes this to be an issue with the tuning templet, I will be calling tommorrow to confirm this... plus I'm nosey.

SCT had rekeyed me to use the RLA6 version of the software and it seemes to help a little but everything still goes lean around 4.5k.

ALSO the issue with changing the MAF counts is still in the RLA6 software, which means if I change the range on the MAF the fuel pressure goes plumb stupid (84+psi at the rail)

I have decided to STOP all further flashing and datalogging of the car for I feel it is UNSAFE and may be damaging to the motor to keep on making datalog runs at WOT... even to 4-5k underboost with a tune that will NOT fatten up....

In other words... I'm not going to continue to take the chance of screwing my motor up because there is something wrong with the software

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd just put it back to Toms tune and leave it alone. Sound slike SCT has the processor code mapped wrong. Easy mistake to make, sometimes hard to rectify (needle in a haystack). If the car ran good for 7000miles, I'd leave it alone!

Jersey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts