Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't expect longevity out of this car.

Today the lumbar handle popped off for no reason. This isnt first thing to fall apart, I have an end cap from the driver door that is loose as well.

Also a loose window trim on rear window.

Btw these all happened over time: 4 months.

No matter how much I try it doesnt stay in anymore.

the problem is the cheap plastic they are using.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sell the car, you'll be much better with less frustrations. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes warranty gets you service for free I understand the concept...

But doesn't detract from the fact that it was cheaply made. If it falls apart in 4 months what is it going to do after 3 years after warranty is up?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
WARRANTY- take it to the dealer (even though they will jerk you around). Unfortunately this is the risk buying a car the first model year it comes out. Im sure they will address that in the next update, but a few quirks are inevitable in any year one model. My advice: if its nothing major, let it slide. Youll lose far more selling it now

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
WARRANTY- take it to the dealer (even though they will jerk you around). Unfortunately this is the risk buying a car the first model year it comes out. Im sure they will address that in the next update, but a few quirks are inevitable in any year one model. My advice: if its nothing major, let it slide. Youll lose far more selling it now
exactly! had the same issues with my Saturn first year model tons of crap wrong but I had to suck it up and deal with it. Make them fix it! That's what the warranty is there for. If I remember right the guy at GM told me that if they get a certain amount of fails then it becomes a recall. only quoting what he told me...anyways good luck and its just not the focus either all models have some cosmetic/electrical/etc. etc... issue of some sort.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts

But doesn't detract from the fact that it was cheaply made. If it falls apart in 4 months what is it going to do after 3 years after warranty is up?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using FF Mobile
Yeah I hear you there 100% ...hope they fix it and all your other little issues

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
that's shitty.

+1 for warranty

·
Registered
533 Posts
Your car must have been built on a Friday =/

Posted via iPhone 4S
mine is an early build...gonna keep counting my blessings

Sent from my HTC Glacier using FF Mobile
We had a 'bulletproof' Lexus RX330 that blew its tranny after 120k miles, normal driving. I dont mean to sweep your concerns under the rug but as long as the powertrain is solid, dont worry. The major stuff is whats gonna count after 10 years, not some cheap trim. A plastic handle is nothing out of the ordinary to have failed on a brand new car this side of a BMW. I wouldn't let that minor stuff scare you about the car overall

I will also point out that Ford is finally for the first time really addressing peoples concerns on all of their cars. updates and TSBs are pretty frequent; they are making an effort to get this stuff right, ex. DCT updates, adding rear headrests to the 2nd gen focus, making grille shutters across the board, etc. Old Ford didnt give 2 shits about anything until the next generation

·
Registered
155 Posts
I dont agree that the car is made cheaply. This is why there is a warranty in case things happen. It is a machine made by man there will be issues. Ford cares about customers if you have a dealer that doesnt care to help you, then find one that does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
with a touch of glue will last forever
what you expect for the price you paid
yow can buy a BMW 330 for more that the double you paid
or a mercedes benz 300c and that maybe happen too.!!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Your car must have been built on a Friday =/

Posted via iPhone 4S
Mine was built on Friday, April 29th, which was also my Mom's birthday. I haven't had any build issues with mine, the paint looks good, the leather seats are stretched tight, no squeaks, rattles or parts misaligned. Seems to me, the earlier built cars have fewer problems. Also, robots don't know what day it is... do they?

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
with a touch of glue will last forever
what you expect for the price you paid
yow can buy a BMW 330 for more that the double you paid
or a mercedes benz 300c and that maybe happen too.!!!!
right with that said. It can happen to ALL cars no matter what make it is! [^]

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm curious, what kind of responses were you expecting?

Not terribly wise entering a forum about customizing the vehicle you've decided to call 'cheap' ..

Not trying to start anything, just curious where yo heads at.. [confused]

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm curious, what kind of responses were you expecting?

Not terribly wise entering a forum about customizing the vehicle you've decided to call 'cheap' ..

Not trying to start anything, just curious where yo heads at.. [confused]
He's been around a while, having issues with MFT and the like, big issues, to his defense, but nothing other people haven't dealt with either.

Calling a car cheap based on a piece of plastic falling off is jumping to conclusions a bit, but I'm not here to start another argument with him.

Also, I will add this is a discussion forum not necessarily a customization-centric forum, you can come here and discuss anything you like.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
He's been around a while, having issues with MFT and the like, big issues, to his defense, but nothing other people haven't dealt with either.

Calling a car cheap based on a piece of plastic falling off is jumping to conclusions a bit, but I'm not here to start another argument with him.

Also, I will add this is a discussion forum not necessarily a customization-centric forum, you can come here and discuss anything you like.
yep this. It's a place to find lots of helpful information! That's how I found it. All makes have their lemons it's impossible to get a PERFECT car [deviltail] lol....is what it is.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
You realize forums are also for people to voice their concerns and opinions right?

sorry OP that youre having trouble with all.the little bits and pieces.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.