Discussion Starter #1

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,104 Posts
This should make it easier for side by side comparison [thumb]

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
calipers only wor on this if they are on a dead level surface and the piston is all the way down and clean the piston carbon built up will throw everything off

·
Registered
199 Posts
nice one.

·
FocusXtreme
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok a little more info is I bought a used wreaked SVT but it was drivable.
I drove it around for alittle bit to make sure it shifted and drove ok.
I was going to put the short block in my car when I noticed #1 piston was lower than the rest,When ever this happen the person it happened to must have kept drive it while it was knocking I can see where the rod use to rub the cyn wall.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Damn, you were going to upgrade anyways though...right? If not, that still sucks.

Hope your project comes through!

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
ouch, how bad did it mark up the inside of the bore? One would think that you would be able to notice something like that while driving right?

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
yeah for real i would have liked to have seen that while i was there, you showed me the piston but i was so tired i didn't really catch on to what you where showing me!

·
FocusXtreme
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this is what happen I bought used wreaked svt focus (no I dont have any parts left)the car was driveable so I drove it around a little to make sure the engine and drive tain was good.I took everything about sold the head and notice number 1 piston sat lower than the rest so the took the engine apart and there was a bent rod. [thankyou]

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I'd like to see inside that cylinder myself.

I guess it just goes to show that some people don't give two cents about their vehicles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts