Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in need of new brakes. I thought since I'm getting pads, might as well get rotors while I'm at it. I was talking to my mechanic and we came up with this setup. Wanted some opinions since I'm not familiar with brakes. Going with BAER cross drilled/slotted rotors, and AKEBONO ceramic pads. He said it wil cost me $150 per rotor, and $79 for a set of pads, $110 for the install. Good deal and setup or no?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cross-drilled rotors are a bad idea on most cars. They're a stress fracture waiting to happen. Stick with stock rotors.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Chucko said:
Cross-drilled rotors are a bad idea on most cars. They're a stress fracture waiting to happen. Stick with stock rotors.
I agree with the first statement, and severely disagree with the second, the stock rotors on the Focus are known to be problematic (Ford used too thin of a metal for the rotor and thus they tend to warp easily) even Ford admits this. I've heard horror stories about drilled rotors, and would stick with slotted, I'm sure that Baer makes a slotted only rotor, and if they don't you can get Brembo rotors for 189 for the pair, and Brembo is pretty well known in the brake biz. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took your guys advice and went with the brembo slotted..........sticking with the stock rotors never even crossed my mind. I was definately gonna upgrade those no matter what. Thanks for the input guys! [thumb]

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have power slot rotors and stillen metal-matrix pads, great combo, it was my rear drums that failed lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts