Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new to the forum but i have a 2003 ford focus sedan and the third brake light does not work. i busted out the multimeter and with the brake pedal applied the pigtail gets power. the strip also gets power but when the bulbs are installed it does not get power? im very frustrated with this issue and any input would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
16,026 Posts
The entire assembly sucks there, they commonly melt to be ready to fault in 50 places from cracks everywhere. Just replaced mine with luckily an LED one found for $33 and already sold them out at that site.

If NONE of the bulbs working then ground check like said. And be ready for the common wiring fault that happens at the trunk hinge point, that dedicated ground wire thinking is one of them in there as well as the power supply wire. If not wanting to tear into that then a simple extra ground lead could be run that takes care of that one problem only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you it was a broken wire right were it goes into the trunk lid. i just found it weird there were 11 volts going through the wiring if no bulbs were installed! again thank you all very much.

·
Registered
16,026 Posts
If only one strand is left unbroken out of a 30 strand copper wire you will get full volts with no load but it will not have enough flow to power the light up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts