Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was looking at the galleries and i saw a third brake light that says focus when you start to brake (KDUBB's ZTS ) and i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get one or if it is painted on there

this is what im talking about

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
ebay

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Or you could cut the letters out yourself with vinyl, and then nite shade it. That's what it looks like he did. Or just paint it with the same color as your car. That might actually look really cool.

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
I had one from ebay. It wasn't a great fit. You could see light around the edges.
I then used a paint pen to paint the edges. I regretted that when I decided to take it off...

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Don't do it. You'll most likely ruin your factory one trying to niteshade it, or the eBay one won't fit. Talk to loudfocus01, he'll give you some advice on third brake light covers, lol.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
i just used left over vinal that i used to put on my front window visor from fs. it turned out fine , just took time and a blade.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Those ebay ones, for the sedan at least, are CRAP. I had one on mine for a while.
It was ok for a couple months, then it started flaking off at the edges of where the lettering is.
So when I decided it looked like crap and wanted to take it off, it was a complete PITA to do so.
It pretty much hardens and is a bitch to get off.
When I finally got all of it off, my 3rd brake light was so dull and
faded looking and scratched up that it was an eyesore.
I bought a mint condition 3rd brake light on here for $15 shipped,
and now I am quite happy with it again. It looks perfect.
Take it from me, don't waste your money on that crap. My $.02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts