Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright a buddy of mine gave me a stock dodge daytona turbo, I done a little research on this turbo and according to what I have read it is a t3 garrett with an internal waste gate set up at ~7.5psi. I'm looking to go shade tree on this project and kinda piece the kit together over the winter while my car is down. First question is, is this turbo even gonna work? I really only want to run 7 psi or lower for now until I can, learn more about what I am doing. I've owned a 90 talon tsi, and went all through that car so I am fairly familiar with a turbo car. I'm thinking of starting off with a manifold, mounting the turbo, then getting the charge piping fabricating that up, making a down pipe to run to my 2.5in flex then getting all the oil and coolant lines set up. Gonna run the coolant for the turbo off the heater core hose. With that kind of set up will I need to upgrade my injectors, and should I go with a blow through or suck through maf? I was thinking today and what if I used a cold air intake and instead of putting a filter on the end putting an elbow on and running that to my fmi? That would leave me with a blow through maf and I can have that taken care of with a tune, am I correct? The turbo has minimal shaft play, but if this one wont work out my buddy also has a tdo4 14b out of his eclipse, from when he went to a 16g, so if the t3 wont work out he is gonna give me the 14b. Any help is greatly appreciated I just don't want to blow something up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
dude i love the daytonas my family are dodge people so i grew up with the 2.2 and 2.5 engines and turbos i think that it is a great turbo to put on your fofo, i'm not really up on all the details of going turbo but i think you got a good base to build from

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you can put 15 lbs out stock on those suckers!! my friend has one and he has ran that for about 2 years now!! those things are super quick!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind guys going jrsc.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Never mind guys going jrsc.
I personally would go with a turbo since you'll be able to get better torque and control the boost level you want unlike with the JRSC. Plus the JRSC doesn't have an intercooler setup so you'll be forcing hot charge air into the motor. I've seen a member on here that had a JRSC and wanted more boost and ended up throwing a rod in the side of his block.

But if you really want to go with the JRSC but for upgradability the turbo setup would be much better in my opinion, since you're using exhuast gas to mave a comprssor work not the engine to make the compressor work. Or go with a Procharger system of you want to supercharge since it has an intercooler. Do some research on here and you'll find tons of information on both turbo and supercharger advantages and disadvantages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts