Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting into autocross, I found a track in my state that I can go to. The problem is I know NOTHING about autocross, anyone know a site where I can find more information? Or just tell me here, sorry too lazy to search the forums....
All I know is you want to go around these cones as fast as you can. Is there a standard course, or are they all different? When they give the "salom" times in car&driver, motortrend, ect....is that a standard course, what the hell is the salom exactly?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Hi Chad, I am one of the big Autocross cheerleaders around here, and I live in Des Moines. I have helped several Fanatics out at the autocrosses and I love working with new drivers. There are several events on the calender, which you can find here;

http://www.dmvrscca.org/soloschd.htm

I don't know where in Iowa you live, but there's bound to be events not to far from you wherever you are.

I will be attending the local Mustang club autocross in Marshalltown on the 8th with at least a couple other Focus guys, and I am running the July 16th event at Southridge Mall in Des Moines. Please do come out to any or all of these events and you will find enthusiastic people that will help you out and get you just as addicted as we are. Feel free to PM me anytime with specific questions and I'll always be prompt in answering.

See you out there soon!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help! I live in a small town off of Mason City, IA... I am roughly 2 hours from des moines, so thats not too far. I cant go to those particular events as I will be on vacation until July 22! But as soon as I get back I will start! I will pm you with more questions, thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.