Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help guys/gals. I'm going thru a time in my life age 53, when I'm downsizing, home, cars, and staring retirement in the face (age 53) Selling my favorite car ever, 02 Audi TT ALMS red, with under 15K mi. Looking at purchasing a new screaming yellow 5 SVT. Drove it today, loved all but the Recaro's. My salesman, his manager, nobody, knew if those side bolsters can be adjusted. I'm not a big guy, and I had to almost squeeze into the seat. Your help greatly appreciated. Will miss my TT, but need the back room to fit my bass amp/gear for gigs.

·
Registered
711 Posts
thats the same car I have, the bolsters ARE NOT ADJUSTABLE but even only after 2k miles in my car they are loosening up alot.....nice you slide into them like a glove, plus we're from the same state =) our cars will be twins hehe there are only 66 zx5 yellow euro SVTF EVER MADE, enjoy I know I am

·
Registered
236 Posts
Go for it, you won't regret it! I've had my SVTF since this Feb. and have loved every second of it. My wife tells me it's my mid-life crisis car... I just laugh and tell her that will be the Cobra that's coming next. Some of the SVTF can be finicky. Some people have problems all the time and some have none at all. The only problem I've had in 4k miles is the TB was replaced to correct a sticking accelerator. I personally think the Euro package is over-priced, but hey, if you dig it... your call. Hope you join the club!

·
Registered
184 Posts
i'm diggin the recaros and loving every minute of driving my SVT - i came from the TTs cousin - the Gti

no regrets

BTw - what kind of music do you play?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Birdman I would go with the SVT5 without the Euro. You are not gaining much more than appearance. A good portion of the people on here have replaced their factory wheels with after markets anyway. So you can save a little more, gain a little comfort, and still have the playtoy that we all Know and Love. Again its your call. Welcome to the club cause You know you want one. [;)]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Birdman, I know how you feel. I went through a change recently by having two daughters at once. I used to have a 99 BMW M Coupe which has gone away (motorcycle soon to depart as well) and been replaced by my 04 SVT Euro Focus. I was dreading to get rid of the BMW, but I must say I have been very pleasantly suprised by the Focus. Handles like it's on rails. You won't be disappointed. As far as the seats, they're not adjustable but they have gotten a bit more comfortable over the 2200 miles I've had my car....then again I did like them to begin with. If you don't like them, just get a non-euro SVT. Welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts