Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a ton of emails asking about things like what should the TPS be reading , o2 voltage , MAF , VCT whats the diff between counts and voltage ETC

What I want to know is will this be helpfull a lot of people now have scan tools but dont really know what the readings should be for Diff sensors

??????

Tom

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Heck Ya!!!

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I say do it. John could be your righthand man managing the thread too.

There's a lot of vital stuff that I would love to learn about, in case problems arise in the future and you're not available right away. That way I can reference back to a thread like your idea and do some troubleshooting myself until I can get in contact with you.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'd love to learn more about tuning.
If nothing else it would aid in what kind of feedback to give to my tuner so he can dial it in more when things change.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I think you should so you are getting hammered with emails and PMs each day. Ask the mods also if you can post the link in your signature.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
probly a good idea to get that kind of info all in one place, but dont we already kind of have a thread for that? It's been a good one.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164248&highlight=ecu+tuning+thread

the other part of it is, no matter how many threads you have about this stuff its still up to people to use the search button. I mean, I know what all that stuff is and i only learned it by messing with the datalogging myself and searching google...

i dunno maybe im a bit pessimistic or whatever, but i think people should try using google a bit more or just trying out the datalogging and reading the SCT help files rather than relying on others to baby feed them information. You learn better when you teach yourself anyway.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i think that would definitely be a good tool.

·
FF Affiliate
31,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
probly a good idea to get that kind of info all in one place, but dont we already kind of have a thread for that? It's been a good one.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164248&highlight=ecu+tuning+thread

the other part of it is, no matter how many threads you have about this stuff its still up to people to use the search button. I mean, I know what all that stuff is and i only learned it by messing with the datalogging myself and searching google...

i dunno maybe im a bit pessimistic or whatever, but i think people should try using google a bit more or just trying out the datalogging and reading the SCT help files rather than relying on others to baby feed them information. You learn better when you teach yourself anyway.
I looked at the forum you linked and that isnt what I was going to talk about , what I had in mind was something like this

TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) engine off key on .5 to .99 then WOT 4.6 to 5.00

STFT 1( Short Turm Fuel Trim ) this should never hold solid on any number once in closed loop you should see this movine up and down in numbers the numbers could range anything from -25 to 25 idealy you want it hovering around 1 to -1 , A number in the area of 17 would mean your 17% to rich and -17 would mean your 17% to lean and you would need some tuning to correct this
If after 3 to 4 Min you have not switched from open loop to close loop check your o2 fuse , make sure you have power to the front o2 sensor it self , if those are right change the o2

STFT 2 (Short Turm Fuel Trim ) This is used more for long turm and isnt used in most cases

Tom

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Itd be great to have a guide like that

·
Registered
720 Posts
I looked at the forum you linked and that isnt what I was going to talk about , what I had in mind was something like this

TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) engine off key on .5 to .99 then WOT 4.6 to 5.00

STFT 1( Short Turm Fuel Trim ) this should never hold solid on any number once in closed loop you should see this movine up and down in numbers the numbers could range anything from -25 to 25 idealy you want it hovering around 1 to -1 , A number in the area of 17 would mean your 17% to rich and -17 would mean your 17% to lean and you would need some tuning to correct this
If after 3 to 4 Min you have not switched from open loop to close loop check your o2 fuse , make sure you have power to the front o2 sensor it self , if those are right change the o2

STFT 2 (Short Turm Fuel Trim ) This is used more for long turm and isnt used in most cases

Tom
I think you mean LTFT 2.....STFT 2 IS used on a V6 or V8 and is the second bank. STFT 2 on a focus will typically just display 1.0 or 0.75 all of the time as there is no second bank.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Tom this would be a great tool for those wanting to learn a bit more and we know its coming from a reliable source.

·
Registered
881 Posts
To put it as nicely as possible, a lot of people on this forum are not as smart or do-or-die as you are. They want to get into this stuff but it is all rather overwhelming.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts