Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thinking on removing it to see if my problems go away .... seems that when im driving around 40 mph to lik 45 mph my engine has a hesitation or stumble to it .... but goes away when step on the gas more ... but im going to put my stock intake back on to see if my problem still shows itself ... if it goes away then something was wrong with the cai or could be other things . I don't have a cel at all .... it just gets annoying .
But ill let everyone know what goes on with it

·
Registered
16 Posts
i wouldnt bother with the CAI, that wouldnt be the problem, have you checked your PCV valve, or if there is any cracked or lose vac hoses

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive already replaced the pcv hose the pcv valve was good and i dont hear any cracked hose or lose vac

·
Registered
672 Posts
from looking at pictures of this cai, it appears that the maf air censor mount is built in, and you don't use the stock one. If that is the case, and the new housing airflow area is different, this may cause a change in air measurement?????

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Did you reset the ecu after installing the CAI? Never hurts to try. just unplug the negative battery, wait 10 minutes and go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i think that it might be a fuel injector ...cause every 2 to 10 secs u can here like a popping sound through the CAI .... but it idles good and gets up and goes its just the strange noise like it back fires once in awhile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts