Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was leaning on the diablo chip.....they got a one stage sport chip for about 212
http://www.motorhaven.com/customer/home.php?cat=37
i dont have No2...so i am thinking this would be the best one since i am not going to need a 2 or 3 stage chip....paying that extra 100 or so bucks would be a waste...i just really want the chip to either get rid or raise my rev lim and my speed lim...all the extra power up to 14 hp and up to 23 torque claim and MPG 0-2 claim is like a bonus for me ..what do you guys think

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the website if you had looked they have one for the 2.3 liter ford/mazda engine and thats the PZEV/Duratec engine

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
yeah i really don't think that chip will work. The PZEV's computer code has yet to be cracked as far as i know. The generic chips will not work as far as i know.

·
Registered
231 Posts
sure you could buy a chip...although i dont belive there is anywhere to put it...I think the duratec will require some sort of flashing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Could be the ranger engine though....I am postive there is no chip for the 2.3l duratec focus. Or I and many others would have it buy now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i called their info #770-806-1955 and i was told that the 2.3 liter chip is for the PZEV/duratec engines[confused]

·
Registered
34 Posts
They are mistaken, there is currently NO chip for the duratec in the PZEV focus.

It has the new Black Oak ecu, that has not been cracked yet....and trust me, if they had....it would be big news.

You are just going to have to wait.

Pzev

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
jaymoney said:
i called their info #770-806-1955 and i was told that the 2.3 liter chip is for the PZEV/duratec engines[confused]
Buy it then. And report back to us when you get it and put it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am currently the prototype PZEV for focussport/2.3L PZEV and I can PROMISE you that NO chips are available for this platform. Diablo is mistaken. Even if you bought the chip there is no place to install it on the factory ECU as there are no open ports like the ZETEC platform. It is going to have to be flashed directly once someone cracks the black oake POS! If you dont believe it go take your glove box out and yank the ECU out before you hassle with something that wont work :) -Vince

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Folks,

Below is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Diablo and a reply from their tech advisor.

Bottom line: NO CHIP!

YET...

Sent:

Hello,

Has your copmany developed a chip that works for the 2004 Ford Focus 2.3L
PZEV Duratech engine? If not, are there plans to develop a unit for this
application in the future and when?

Thanks,

Glenn

Reply:

Currently this is still in development.

Thank You

Chris Johnson
Diablosport / ChipMaster Revolution Tech Adviso

Subject: Ford Focus 2.3L PZEV

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
There is no place for a chip, period. If you do not believe those of us who have said this. Go out to your car, find your ECu and look at it. Now, take a pic and point out to me where you are going to install a chip.

Btw the comment about the doubling of the gas bill was just ignorant.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Ya. It's only about two dollars more a week( for 10 gallons) or $104 extra on gas for the year.
I spend more than that on top ramen in a year. LOL

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Dude, 104 in ramen would feed you for life.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Nah, that's only 1040 top ramen meals.
So, that would last me about a year at about 3 or 4 a day...LOL

·
Registered
522 Posts
"Btw the comment about the doubling of the gas bill was just ignorant"
Man you're an angry person aren't you FOcal?

That's just what I heard from someone on another board...don't mind me. I'll try not to be so ignorant in the future. [limp]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.