Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting a new Focus soon... not sure when, probably after college. I currently have a 2003 Ford Focus sedan.. and was very active in this fourm until college classes got me really busy....

I am going to keep my current car anyways, but when I paid my car off.. I am going to go for the 2011 Focus.. or maybe the newer 2012 Focus (of course, sedans).

I wonder which year should I get, and why? I have test drove both cars and I liked how they handle though. I am just asking for all of your inputs.. your opinions, that's all, =)

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Not to be a pecker head, but when are you going to have this one paid off?

The only reason to consider the 2011 is price. The only reason not to consider the 2012 is the chance that you'll get one of the cars that is experiencing "new model syndrome", and it costs 2x what the 2011 does. It also depends on what kind of options you want. If you want a manual transmission, you might have trouble finding one in a 2012. Also, you might consider waiting just a bit more- putting your car note in savings every month- until you see if SCT is going to make a flash programmer for the 2012. There is some doubt that they will- there is no flash programmer for the Fiesta. If you plan on modding the car in the future, that is something to watch for.

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to be a pecker head, but when are you going to have this one paid off?

The only reason to consider the 2011 is price. The only reason not to consider the 2012 is the chance that you'll get one of the cars that is experiencing "new model syndrome", and it costs 2x what the 2011 does. It also depends on what kind of options you want. If you want a manual transmission, you might have trouble finding one in a 2012. Also, you might consider waiting just a bit more- putting your car note in savings every month- until you see if SCT is going to make a flash programmer for the 2012. There is some doubt that they will- there is no flash programmer for the Fiesta. If you plan on modding the car in the future, that is something to watch for.

Yeah I agree with you.. the 2011 is cheaper than the 2012 ones... and no I don't plan on modding the car until the warranty is out (since I already drive the slightly modded Focus, and I plan to keep it after I get it paid off).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts