Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Your input on buying

Well I've read quite a few posts here, looked at forbes.com's opinion on the SVTF, and well i want one. So.. i found one.. here are the specs

2002 ZX3 SVT Infra-Red
Almost 60,000 Miles
Every Option (Power everything, Audio 6-disc/sub, Moon roof, etc)
$10,995
Clean carfax, clean inside & out. New tires

The dealer is willing to work with me on my down payment since i can't quite afford one until the military pays me my bonus. He'll do a promisary note for 2 grand, i just have to pay him back when i get the bonus. I'm wondering if its a good deal. I really dont want to get taken advantage of here but damn i do love this car.

·
Registered
478 Posts
That sounds about right..

·
Registered
415 Posts
For an 02 With more than 40+ thousand miles price should be between 8-9 depending on area and condition.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
damn, more and more i know i got a steal on my car, granted the dealership i worked at gave it to me at $300 over thier cost, i payed $10,900 for mine 2 years ago with 25K miles. But really that price is to high for that car. IF you can get them down to $8-10K that would be fare.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what are some good tips for talking them down? Mentioning the resale or trade-in value isnt going to be much in a few years?

·
Registered
415 Posts
mentioning its a US made small cars and that non SVT with those miles sell for 5k and the SVT isnt worth double that. Nit pick at everything, dirty, needs fluid changes and services. blah blah blah, pick on it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly there wasn't anything to pick at, clean as hell, the engine oil was clean, fluids were fine, they checked it out prior to putting it on the lot. They have an in house mechanic, though they're a pretty small dealership.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im looking through a Wheels and Deals (dunno if you guys have those where you're at) Its an Auto classifieds ad, So far i've found 2 SVT's, one is an 03 for 13,995, and i found another 02 (Black) also priced at 10,995. I dont know if thats an indicator of the price im looking at spending over here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It seems like im just not in the right place to buy one of these cheap. Im likely going to have to settle on it. Though i found a black one for the same price, dont think it had the winter/audio options but i'll try to use it against the dealer.. Tell them i found the exact same one, less miles, same price and willing to go cheaper, but i'd rather stay with you [the dealer] if they could give me a bit better deal.

For now im checking autotrader.com for all SVTF's in their database to get a feel for the price i should expect (for 2002 and newer) I just like knowing what im getting into before i get into it. Im sure you all feel the same way. But damn do i love this car :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know im posting a ton, not trying to be a post-whore but i keep finding pretty damn good deals everywhere else but here :( there is one in New Mexico 2002 with 7,000 miles on it, for under 10 grand. Carfax report checks out, such low miles though!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, all things considered i think its going to be the best deal i can get right now. I will be able to afford the loan with the down payment, but i still think im going to try to talk the guy down a little bit more. If everything goes okay i'll be getting my loan started with the bank tomorrow and possibly driving the damn thing home :) If so i'll probably take a picture of it.. i know it wont be anything special, no mods or anything but still, everyone is proud of theirs right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts