what color

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A girl I work with is checking with her family to see if I could get my entire car wraped in vinyl... for free[woot]..

so what color should I go with...

I was think flat black or something dark...

any sugesstions are welcomed [idea]

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts
add matte black to the list and I'll vote. I just did my hood last week.

here's my thread.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221986

check out these threads too. might help your decision.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-show-shine/411195-vinyl-wraps.html

porsche in that thread looks siiiiick ^^^^

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-show-shine/408400-matte-black-finish-evo-stealth-paint.html

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-show-shine/427180-my-matte-flat-black-vinyl-evo-x.html

do matte black tho. looks sick. and I'm thinking of doing my whole car too. I'd be curious to see how it turns out.

reason I say matte not flat, is because matte finish has a little more of a sheen to it then flat, but is def flatter than gloss. make sense?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
yea i was thinking about doing the same thing once i saw that website where mikealicious got his stuff from do a whole care it looks nice the only thing im worried about it like the door jams and the inside of the trunk lide and places like that where if ur at a carshow, they look at all that.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
focusfreak....that make sense......

they probably would do the door jams...but will see if it even happens

matte black would look good

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts
yea i was thinking about doing the same thing once i saw that website where mikealicious got his stuff from do a whole care it looks nice the only thing im worried about it like the door jams and the inside of the trunk lide and places like that where if ur at a carshow, they look at all that.
ah. tbh, I could care less about door jams and such. if you do it right tho, the door jams might actually be like a nice contrast [thumb]

cuz I mean, honestly, how many car shows is your car in? especially with all of the doors and everything open? I'd rather have it look sick driving around/parked at. be a head turner while I'm driving. ya dig?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
yea but that would be alot of vinyl lol. I thought about the matte black too with the exception of the previous things i mentioned. Yours should be easy seeing as how its already black and u dont have to worry much about that stuff. Im waiting on my free vinyl so i can do my hood and maybe my roof.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
ah. tbh, I could care less about door jams and such. if you do it right tho, the door jams might actually be like a nice contrast [thumb]

cuz I mean, honestly, how many car shows is your car in? especially with all of the doors and everything open? I'd rather have it look sick driving around/parked at. be a head turner while I'm driving. ya dig?
well true dat but i would like everything to match once its done. i also have some body work that needs to be done and once done with primer, then maybe the vinyl wrap would be good to cover that up.

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts
I'm waiting for my free vinyl too [cheers]

but yea, def fill/sand down any imperfections before applying the vinyl. I got a few little dimples in my hood because I skipped that step. still looks good tho.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
i have one of those dimples to on my hood and a bunch of scratches on my front bumper, big dent on the lower panel thing under the driver side door and some small screwdriver dents on the door jam. lots of work

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts
hahah I worked in a body shop for about 7 months. My job was to prep the cars. so all I did from may-november was bondo and sand cars. and the shop I was working at was easily over 105° everyday. my sanding days are over. but if you lived in cali, I'd gladly sit back, with my feet up, enjoying an ice cold corona giving you pointers while you sand. [thumb]

[rofl]

·
Registered
16 Posts
hahah I worked in a body shop for about 7 months. My job was to prep the cars. so all I did from may-november was bondo and sand cars. and the shop I was working at was easily over 105° everyday. my sanding days are over. but if you lived in cali, I'd gladly sit back, with my feet up, enjoying an ice cold corona giving you pointers while you sand. [thumb]

[rofl]
Haha, Well next time I start a project I'll invite you over to share your beer. [cheers]

I voted black with graphics. I think flat black for the most part with gloss balck checkers, looking like a swaying flag would look way cool.

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts
Haha, Well next time I start a project I'll invite you over to share your beer. [cheers]

I voted black with graphics. I think flat black for the most part with gloss balck checkers, looking like a swaying flag would look way cool.
to the bold - deal! haha

and yea. flat blat w/gloss somthing on there would look sick. kinda like a reverse cuda.

like this, only opposite.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/962/dsc03636kf6.jpg

and I voted flat because it's the closest thing to matte. lol

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I want something to hide the paint damage on the car.....some a-hole spilt acid on the my side and it burned down to the bare metal

1 - 20 of 28 Posts