Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i just came into a little money ($1000) but not enough for a FI set up ....YET. i need some power and dont mind waiting to get some cash to get a SC or turbo. my question is, is there a specific SC/turbo that doesnt lose that much power working off of reg gas? i ask this cause gas is getting so expensive that if i cant run my car off reg then i will not go FI. i know proformance will suffer but can a program be built for when i want to run off of reg and one for 93 octane? im thinkin that ill run reg unless im taking it to the track or to a show. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I would consider staying N/A then. No sense to spend money on a turbo kit, to have it boosted, and the computer trying to retard as much possible to prevent detonation. Really, a few extra bucks every fill up would be worth it.

That's just my opinion tho, go all or nothing.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Precision makes a turbo kit that runs on 87.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have an SVT and run 93 now and its NA. With the prices so high you don't even notice the difference. its only 20 cents more a gallon than 87.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree. It's not more that 3 or 4 bucks every week to 10 days for me. That's as little as $150 a year to run FI. I spend more than that on one trip to six flags and that's only 8 or so hours of adrenaline. Get a turbo and it will be a years worth!!!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I run on 93 octane everyday....... at 19psi.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Dussin said:
I have an SVT and run 93 now and its NA. With the prices so high you don't even notice the difference. its only 20 cents more a gallon than 87.
Its so true, i usually fill up and need approx 10 gallons, thats only a $2 difference from 87-93. And i run 10psi daily on 93.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's simple...

Buy the Turbo.

Buy the 93.

Enjoy life.

[8D]

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Any turbo can run on lower octane, but lower octane usually leads to detonation.

lower octane also means less performance due to the inability to run alot of timing... and timing is POWER.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I run 110 @ 449 a gallon [8]

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm running 15psi @ 93 everyday ,,, and my car does 25 to 28 miles per gallon on City and 28 to 36 highway... every fill-up is like 10 to 11 gallons...

That's boosting sometimes full throtle, I thought adding the Turbo to my car will be like driving a gas gusler car,, but actually my car does better mileage than my wife 2004 Honda Accord (4cyl).

It all depends on how you drive it, if you are going to Full throtle all the time, well of course you will have to fill up more often. But it is hard to control the addrenaline,, hahahaaha!!!!!

Boost the Planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts